Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

JUNK!!!
By lettau

Don't buy this car.
check engine light came on three times in one month, wiring harness replaced twice, window components, starter and then 2 weeks later the rack and pinion went.
Chrysler won't do a thing about it.
don't buy this car.
I went back to dealer and they wouldn't help either.

none.

improve the entire car or stop production.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Done with Dodge!!!
By bargomommy

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on within a week of buying this piece of junk! Both O2 sensors needed replaced. Then the alternator to a dump and needed replaced! When you go to accelerate, you don't know whether it's going to go or be sluggish and need to push down harder on the gas. N matter how many times I clean it, it is a dust collector. The gas mileage has never been what was stated. Then there are the recalls. We are trading this in as soon as we get our taxes and never looking back!!! I will never buy a Dodge again!!!

Disappointed
By kingsolidsteve

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Journey as a high school graduation present from my grandmother. It was a very nice gift, initially looked impressive, and was fun for awhile. That all gradually started to change. Since I have had it, it has had two recalls for safety issues, replaced brake pads that were defective, and wheel covers that had a weird discoloration (and still does). There is also an excessive amount of dust that accumulates on the dashboard, and some of the interior pieces are pretty flimsy and cheap. Acceleration is sometimes either too quick or too sluggish, and the gas mileage isn't up to par. This is disappointing, as I've always been a Dodge fan. I'm thinking of trading in my Journey next year.

Plenty of interior space, stereo system.

Use better quality materials, make sure parts installed are not defective, add a bit more engine power.

Don't buy a Journey!
By star20

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the front brakes on this car twice and the back brakes once. I only have 26,000 miles on the car and I need to replace the brakes again! Dodge is using poor quality parts and made the brake "sweep" area insufficient for the weight of the vehicle. this car is a piece of junk. Also I had to replace the front tires already and it cost me nearly $400! that was with shopping around for the best deal. I will never buy Dodge again.

mystery water leak
By wildwine

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the 2009 Dodge Journey since July 2008. Had 2 recalls so far for brakes and power invertor connectors of which both were fixed. Now we have water entering car on drivers side and leaving carpet and foam underneath soaking in water. Door seals were changed and still having problem. Taking it in tomorrow for the 3rd time. Let me add that this car only has 15,500 miles on it. We are senior citizens living on a fixed income and cannot afford another one and one year owed on this one. Angry is not the word I would use at the present time but I need to keep it clean,(sic). Of course with our luck warranty is no longer applicable. I will prevail.

Comfortable driving and riding.

Better quality. Don't use recycled beer cans to make vechicles.