2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Dodge Journey United Kingdom
By miffed3 on 05/19/11 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge journey SXT CRD AUTO in May 2009 7000 miles on the clock, went in for service @ 20000. The result being new brake pads on front and 1 new tyre. Three months later another new tyre. In Feb this year car was juddering on take off so took it to the dealer they ran the computer on the car and told me to pick the car up as it was now running perfectly.Needless to say there was no difference in the running of the car. Was told to bring the car back to workshop on the 16 Feb.on the way the gearbox intermittently lost its drive so the car limped into the workshop. Was told it needed a new gearbox and it would be a week {Chrysler supplied a hire car} it is now 21st May & lots of phone calls to garage,{none from them to me}lots of phone calls from Chrysler customer service, have had three delivery dates from them for this gearbox to arrive but still hasn’t infact Chrysler customer service told me he was going to stop ringing me with updates as it was clearly upsetting me…….Who wouldn’t be upset ive owned this car for 2 years now but its only been in my drive for 21 months and in the workshop for 3 months.The Garage who sold me this car is based on Mereyside United Kingdom & said under no circumstances would they consider a buy back. Will keep posting on here and other forums as and when things begin to happen.

Seat cover stains
By PHIL COMER on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

From the day I drove my new car off the lot I have had problems with water stains on the seat cover material. I have been trying to get the company to do something about it for over a year now. They are supposed to let me know by 10/21/2010. This is clearly a defect in the material. Even condensation from a cold soda can will leave a stain.

Nice Looking and um nice looking
By EGH75 on 08/12/10 22:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I first saw it. Nice looking car and test drove good. Since it was first year model, there was no history. I wish I didn't buy it. Rubber pieces on outside of door just by rear tires fallen off. Replaced rear brakes at 40k and fronts at 56k. Both visor mirror covers have broken off. Stained seats can't be cleaned. Pass. window motor is shot. Had my engine computer flashed twice. I've had to change both inner and outer tie rods. I'm getting poor gas mileage. No where close to the gas mileage you're supposed to get. I'm already looking at trading it in. Too much plastic on the inside. Feels cheap. Although it's a 7 seater you can only put children in the very back.

I'm hurt
By Maddie on 08/05/10 11:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My doors unlock by themselves, windows roll down, lights come on without me even starting the car. I've been to the dealer at least ten times to be told they cannot find the trouble. My car has been broken into 4 times because people walk by and see my open. They are hoping to find money. Family Dodge Please help me.

Great ride turning sour
By KB on 07/18/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the 4 cylinder last year because it had the best Cash for Clunkers incentive that fit right in my budget. I was thrilled in the beginning and enjoyed very much the ride, style and comfort. Eventually I found myself visiting the dealership with some issues quite often than anticipated. I've owned several toyotas and wouldn't need to change my oil frequently or let alone change brakes before 36,000 Miles. To date, I've needed wheel alignment, changed the rack & pinion and wheel bearings. Now, I need new front brake pads and rotor! What a major disappointment :( I thought I my driving was erratic; but seeing all the other reviews made me realize that the car is junk.

2 Years - 2 Brake Jobs and more
By Ann on 07/16/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Plan on getting new brakes every 15,000 miles. 2 brake jobs in 2 years and now it's in the shop for electrical system failure. The AC, turn signals and radio don't come on. Getting everything fixed is a problem.

Loved it until
By MommaWhitney on 07/04/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car and it was perfect for our growing family. It fits 2 very big car seats including one that is rear facing with hardly any problems. It has tons of storage for the kids toys and anything extra. And I love the all around look of the car. BUT at around 2 yrs (20,000 miles) I started having very similar problems as all the other reviewers. Even my mother in law who bought one right after me was having the same issues. I'm sad to say that the way dodge is handling the problems of 2009 journeys is going to cost them many customers. It's not worth buying a new car when you have to replace it two years later. Which is what I will be doing tomorrow, if I can trade it in for what I owe!

BRAKES
By Angie on 05/18/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had this car for going on 2 years now. We are seeing issues and after reading on here it is nice to see that we are not the only ones with issues. Today my brake light came on at 27,400 miles. I went to the dealership to find out that my front brakes are totally shot, I need new pads and rotors and my back brakes are almost shot too. So having a fairly new vehicle and sticking over $700. is not my idea of great. I am seeing alot of brake issues and yet Dodge wants to deny that there is a problem.

Brand New Junk
By geri on 05/12/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an embarrassment. I really got took on this and now that I want to trade it in, I find out that it's not worth anything. The seat broke, the mirror cover broke. You can't breath on the seats without staining them. I have never hated a car like I do this one and I had a Chevette once. The Chevette had more power. Need I say more?

Great Crossover for the Money
By Bestcrossover on 04/26/10 11:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Dodge Journey. I hadn't even heard of it when I saw it at the dealership! I had been looking for a car with SUV feel and room with better gas mileage than I had been getting in larger truck based vehicles. I have the 4 cyl engine, which doesn't have the power of a 6, but gets the job done for trips and work commutes. It is an attractive car that many people have asked me about, as it is quite uncommon on the road and is a new model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$120 per month*