Used 2009 Dodge Journey SXT SUV Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey SUV

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Overpriced piece of crap!
By Jillian Robinson

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

**DO NOT BUY THIS CAR** I payed over 20,000 dollars for this car I have had it for 5 years and I have had to replace the breaks and rotors 3 times. I had to replace the tires three times, When it rains water leaks into the car through the vents and the lights and the car doors which then leak down into the floor compartments and has caused mold. The DVD player screen has not worked in 4 years I am sure due to water damage since water constantly leaks in. The interior is horrible everything is falling off and apart on the inside. The transmission is horrible. I have had to replace the fuel injectors twice. The car has cut off on me several times while driving. Occasionally the car does not start up the antifreeze leaks out which I have had repaired but it still leaks. Many electrical issues. Its a damn shame for dodge to make such a crappy car I am not rich and I have spent so much money from the purchase to the repairs and dodge does nothing I will never buy a dodge again!!!

Great vehicle if you don't drive. Buyer Beware
By Ray W

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a multitude of problems. Had to replace brakes after 20000 miles. Transmission clunks when backing up from day one.Dealer cannot fix or find the problem. All of the CD's flew out one day hitting my wife in the head. Cannot use CD player. Heater has not worked for 2 years. I have had many things done to heater , but only works for a short time. It is now in the garage for a new heater core. Cost is $1100.00 . Battery is under front wheel and is a pain to replace. dealer wants $120.00 to for labor to replace battery.Wal Mart will replace for no labor costs. Valve stems are brittle and break off easily.

Garbage
By DARNELL

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

worst car I ever drove ,loved the dodge Durango but the Journey sucks like a vacuum cleaner. To many break jobs /rotor repairs /car will not start unless you put it in neutral . Lost all my tire sensors w/in the first 3 months and the dealership wanted to charge 64.00 each to replace them (BS) they put the battery in a location on the car so you have to remove the front tire to get to it. Then the dealership charges you 120.00 to switch it out. NEVER AGAIN WILLL I PURCHASE A DODGEEEEEEEEE AGAIN. NEVER..HATE THIS INVESTMENT.

Worst car I ever own
By sam

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If they said why it s a family car when it's an unreliable car it has stop with me twice on the highway with Ann 11months baby the car overheat bought the car in March and 2 weeks after car started give me trouble stay away stay away don't waste your money I regretted buying this car and sad thing is it's finance its a death machine that can kill your family anytime

One of the lucky ones
By F. GOMEZ Jr.

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Review how often brakes and rotors get replaced. Make sure there are NOT aluminum caps on tire stems. I bought brand new and have had few problems. I know have to get a tranny and cost is unreal. Other than that it has been a good vehicle for me. I used to drive it 20k miles plus annually but now I do mainly city driving. Think it does better going long range where I got 35 plus mpg a fee times. Will keep it till it dies (or I do).