Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Most Helpful|
09 Journey probs
By jhernandez5

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Has anyone found a solution to why the Journey doesnt restart after its been parked? All I hear is maybe the Shifer, IOD fuse, some thing electrical. I recently purchased a used Journey 09, in Chicago, one week later it didnt want to start. Same thing like others, key in, lights, radio good, but no turnover. Not even a choke. Wait about 20 min then it starts. Put in Nuetral, then back to park then turn key and it starts up, sometimes. What is the SOLUTION?

Favorite Features

The Body style. roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Recalls for Ignition problems please

Don't buy a Journey!
By star20

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the front brakes on this car twice and the back brakes once. I only have 26,000 miles on the car and I need to replace the brakes again! Dodge is using poor quality parts and made the brake "sweep" area insufficient for the weight of the vehicle. this car is a piece of junk. Also I had to replace the front tires already and it cost me nearly $400! that was with shopping around for the best deal. I will never buy Dodge again.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Done with Dodge!!!
By bargomommy

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on within a week of buying this piece of junk! Both O2 sensors needed replaced. Then the alternator to a dump and needed replaced! When you go to accelerate, you don't know whether it's going to go or be sluggish and need to push down harder on the gas. N matter how many times I clean it, it is a dust collector. The gas mileage has never been what was stated. Then there are the recalls. We are trading this in as soon as we get our taxes and never looking back!!! I will never buy a Dodge again!!!

JUNK!!!
By lettau

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy this car. check engine light came on three times in one month, wiring harness replaced twice, window components, starter and then 2 weeks later the rack and pinion went. Chrysler won't do a thing about it. don't buy this car. I went back to dealer and they wouldn't help either.

Favorite Features

none.

Suggested Improvements

improve the entire car or stop production.

2009 Dodge Journey Complaint and Fixture
By lo64

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 Dodge Journey SE was having problems starting. It got to the point that it stopped starting all together. I had the battery replaced and that worked for a while. I finally found a shop that diagnosed the problem and they replaced the: Power Integrated Distribution Module RL692302-AE. They got the part from the Dodge Dealer which cost me $919.00. but it was worth it to get this problem solved. This have solved my problem with my Journey starting. I just wanted to let others know what the problem was for me. maybe this will help someone else. Happy and riding again.