Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

2009 Dodge Journey Complaint and Fixture
By lo64

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 Dodge Journey SE was having problems starting. It got to the point that it stopped starting all together. I had the battery replaced and that worked for a while. I finally found a shop that diagnosed the problem and they replaced the: Power Integrated Distribution Module RL692302-AE. They got the part from the Dodge Dealer which cost me $919.00. but it was worth it to get this problem solved. This have solved my problem with my Journey starting. I just wanted to let others know what the problem was for me. maybe this will help someone else. Happy and riding again.

09 Journey probs
By jhernandez5

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Has anyone found a solution to why the Journey doesnt restart after its been parked? All I hear is maybe the Shifer, IOD fuse, some thing electrical. I recently purchased a used Journey 09, in Chicago, one week later it didnt want to start. Same thing like others, key in, lights, radio good, but no turnover. Not even a choke. Wait about 20 min then it starts. Put in Nuetral, then back to park then turn key and it starts up, sometimes. What is the SOLUTION?

The Body style. roomy.

Recalls for Ignition problems please

nice while it lasted
By hannahbgreat

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a high school graduation gift in 2009. I was excited to get a brand new car that I could depend on lasting for a long time. Within 2 years, there was a "re-call" on the breaks. This worked out just in time, because I was looking into buying new break pads. My break pads were squeaking so bad, I had to do something about it. I don't think I misuse my breaks. And surprise! One year later, they are squeaking again. The interior parts are falling apart (just getting in and out normally). The tire hubcap/covering paint is chipping off and discoloring. final complaint: there is too many bind spots. I literally have to get out of my seats to see all around me. Very unsafe

cruise control spacious trunk storage space

improved breaks improved durable interior parts (siding on passenger chair) improved tire hubcap paint blind spots

JUNK!!!
By lettau

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy this car. check engine light came on three times in one month, wiring harness replaced twice, window components, starter and then 2 weeks later the rack and pinion went. Chrysler won't do a thing about it. don't buy this car. I went back to dealer and they wouldn't help either.

none.

improve the entire car or stop production.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Done with Dodge!!!
By bargomommy

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on within a week of buying this piece of junk! Both O2 sensors needed replaced. Then the alternator to a dump and needed replaced! When you go to accelerate, you don't know whether it's going to go or be sluggish and need to push down harder on the gas. N matter how many times I clean it, it is a dust collector. The gas mileage has never been what was stated. Then there are the recalls. We are trading this in as soon as we get our taxes and never looking back!!! I will never buy a Dodge again!!!