Used 2009 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Will never buy another dodge car again!
By Racheal Morrow

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 dodge journey in August 2010 and in November 2010 is when all of the problem started. I was on the highway with my family and the car completely shut down on me and it would not start back up until it was placed on a flatbed being towed. Flash forward till 2013, my transfer case exploded on me and then in January 2015 my transfer case exploded a second time. In Feb. 2015 my drive shaft broke, and now in March 2015 my power train module has completely stop working. Called all of this in and the dodge warranty people was very rude and nasty to me. Since the end of January I have spent $6100 and still have a boat load more to spend. This shall be traded w/I the next week!

There is none for me at this time.

Dodge you need better customer service ppl and also need to look into your complaints.

A LEMON - RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS CAR
By chrishawk8

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 2 years and have changed the BRAKES/ROTORS/CALIPERS 3X, and they need to be changed again! This car also has an INTERMITTENT START. I received in August 2014 a Recall notice from Dodge regarding the "ON" position in the ignition but in the recall notice it states "THEY HAVE NO PARTS AVAILABLE TO FIX AND WILL CONTACT US WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE". Well its nearly 3 months later and still haven't heard from DODGE on this issue - so the fact that my car still intermittently starts, DODGE COULD CARELSS! Today, the ESP traction light came on! In the first 4 months of owning this car, the thermostat and anti-freeze tank went out and had to be changed! THIS IS A LEMON

NOTHING - can't enjoy this car long enough without constant problems

Everything

DO NOT BUY!!!
By ccknezevich

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So I read the reviews before I bought my 2009 Dodge Journey in May of 2012. I have had this car now for 2 1/2 years and it seems there is always an issue. Multiple batteries, changing the brakes nearly every 10,000 miles, tires are awful, I have had to replace some type of wheel sensor, the key fob doesn't always works so sometimes my car won't crank right away. Electrical problems where the alarm goes off and takes a while to make it stop. This car has been a nightmare.. not to mention, the value. I still owe 15k and it's not even worth 9k. It loses so much value every year.. and for good reason. If you buy this vehicle after reading this review.. don't say you weren't warned!

DVD Player

Too many to name.

RUN AWAY!!
By jtdupuis

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new in 2009. I have had the transmission replaced once, I am on my third set of brakes and fourth set of tires. I just ate the cost to replace the motor mount, and now I am having problems with the starter. Needless to say, I will never ever ever ever by a Chrysler-brand vehicle again. I can understand having a finnicky vehicle, but this is too much. Almost $6,500 in repairs and maintenance in 5 years...mostly repairs. I'll never buy Dodge again.

2009 Dodge Journey Complaint and Fixture
By lo64

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 Dodge Journey SE was having problems starting. It got to the point that it stopped starting all together. I had the battery replaced and that worked for a while. I finally found a shop that diagnosed the problem and they replaced the: Power Integrated Distribution Module RL692302-AE. They got the part from the Dodge Dealer which cost me $919.00. but it was worth it to get this problem solved. This have solved my problem with my Journey starting. I just wanted to let others know what the problem was for me. maybe this will help someone else. Happy and riding again.