Used 2009 Dodge Journey SXT Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Overpriced piece of crap!
By Jillian Robinson

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

**DO NOT BUY THIS CAR** I payed over 20,000 dollars for this car I have had it for 5 years and I have had to replace the breaks and rotors 3 times. I had to replace the tires three times, When it rains water leaks into the car through the vents and the lights and the car doors which then leak down into the floor compartments and has caused mold. The DVD player screen has not worked in 4 years I am sure due to water damage since water constantly leaks in. The interior is horrible everything is falling off and apart on the inside. The transmission is horrible. I have had to replace the fuel injectors twice. The car has cut off on me several times while driving. Occasionally the car does not start up the antifreeze leaks out which I have had repaired but it still leaks. Many electrical issues. Its a damn shame for dodge to make such a crappy car I am not rich and I have spent so much money from the purchase to the repairs and dodge does nothing I will never buy a dodge again!!!

Great vehicle if you don't drive. Buyer Beware
By Ray W

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a multitude of problems. Had to replace brakes after 20000 miles. Transmission clunks when backing up from day one.Dealer cannot fix or find the problem. All of the CD's flew out one day hitting my wife in the head. Cannot use CD player. Heater has not worked for 2 years. I have had many things done to heater , but only works for a short time. It is now in the garage for a new heater core. Cost is $1100.00 . Battery is under front wheel and is a pain to replace. dealer wants $120.00 to for labor to replace battery.Wal Mart will replace for no labor costs. Valve stems are brittle and break off easily.

Worst car I ever own
By sam

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If they said why it s a family car when it's an unreliable car it has stop with me twice on the highway with Ann 11months baby the car overheat bought the car in March and 2 weeks after car started give me trouble stay away stay away don't waste your money I regretted buying this car and sad thing is it's finance its a death machine that can kill your family anytime

One of the lucky ones
By F. GOMEZ Jr.

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Review how often brakes and rotors get replaced. Make sure there are NOT aluminum caps on tire stems. I bought brand new and have had few problems. I know have to get a tranny and cost is unreal. Other than that it has been a good vehicle for me. I used to drive it 20k miles plus annually but now I do mainly city driving. Think it does better going long range where I got 35 plus mpg a fee times. Will keep it till it dies (or I do).

A LEMON - RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS CAR
By chrishawk8

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 2 years and have changed the BRAKES/ROTORS/CALIPERS 3X, and they need to be changed again! This car also has an INTERMITTENT START. I received in August 2014 a Recall notice from Dodge regarding the "ON" position in the ignition but in the recall notice it states "THEY HAVE NO PARTS AVAILABLE TO FIX AND WILL CONTACT US WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE". Well its nearly 3 months later and still haven't heard from DODGE on this issue - so the fact that my car still intermittently starts, DODGE COULD CARELSS! Today, the ESP traction light came on! In the first 4 months of owning this car, the thermostat and anti-freeze tank went out and had to be changed! THIS IS A LEMON

NOTHING - can't enjoy this car long enough without constant problems

Everything