Used 2009 Dodge Journey SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

RUN AWAY!!
By jtdupuis

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new in 2009. I have had the transmission replaced once, I am on my third set of brakes and fourth set of tires. I just ate the cost to replace the motor mount, and now I am having problems with the starter. Needless to say, I will never ever ever ever by a Chrysler-brand vehicle again. I can understand having a finnicky vehicle, but this is too much. Almost $6,500 in repairs and maintenance in 5 years...mostly repairs. I'll never buy Dodge again.

Run. Run hard, run fast.
By gxbrxnth

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a nightmare. Overheating, electrical issues, I swear this car has a mind of it's own. It chugs gas, eats brakes, decides if it wants to accelerate or not, and what is so bad about downshifting? You have to jam the gas pedal into the floorboard, and maybe then (and that's a very strong maybe) it will start to pick up speed. I am not sure what I'll have to do to get out of this car, but at this point, any risk is worth it.

Favorite Features

lol

Suggested Improvements

Gasoline and a match.

Everything that could go wrong, will!!!!
By mommaturkey

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Journey SXT in July 2008 and have had problems ever since. I have wierd noises coming from the back by the exhaust pipes, the car will not start sometimes until I move the shifter in and out of park, the brakes are horrible (having to replace them every 12,000 miles or so) and now the sound I had in the front is now a blown out motor mount. This car has been to the dealers so many times and they could never figure out any of the problems. Once it is paid for, I am selling it!! No more "US" made cars for me!! Oh and I get shocked every time I get in and out of the car!!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, the name

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, electrical

MOTOR MOUNT
By allan3590

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2009 Journey back in June 2008 after 5 or 6 months heard this noise on the right front and told the mechanic about it they checked it and said it is the ware of the vehicle and left it at that when we would travel around on the highway and we would here this noise and after we got the vehicle up to 70 miles an hour the sound would go away and we left it at that well we have had that noise and finally in 2013 still have that noise when we would travel around at 40 to 50 miles an hour. my mechanic looked under the carriage of the car and advised me that the motor mount on the right side was totally collapsed and that is why we had this noise for the last 5 years . Cost $275.

Have a Journey Problem?
By mpnight93

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many of you I have had problems with my Dodge Journey also....... Take a look at http://www.change.org/petitions/dodge-journey-s-defects because we all know Dodge will NOT fix them. Brakes, win module and more cost you and me $300 to $600 each time due to their defects! Please take a minute to sign and pass along the link above thanks, Mike