2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
2009 Dodge Journey Complaint and Fixture
By lo64 on 11/04/13 09:18 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2009 Dodge Journey SE was having problems starting. It got to the point that it stopped starting all together. I had the battery replaced and that worked for a while. I finally found a shop that diagnosed the problem and they replaced the: Power Integrated Distribution Module RL692302-AE. They got the part from the Dodge Dealer which cost me $919.00. but it was worth it to get this problem solved. This have solved my problem with my Journey starting. I just wanted to let others know what the problem was for me. maybe this will help someone else. Happy and riding again.

09 Journey probs
By jhernandez5 on 06/13/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Has anyone found a solution to why the Journey doesnt restart after its been parked? All I hear is maybe the Shifer, IOD fuse, some thing electrical. I recently purchased a used Journey 09, in Chicago, one week later it didnt want to start. Same thing like others, key in, lights, radio good, but no turnover. Not even a choke. Wait about 20 min then it starts. Put in Nuetral, then back to park then turn key and it starts up, sometimes. What is the SOLUTION?

nice while it lasted
By hannahbgreat on 02/28/13 18:18 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a high school graduation gift in 2009. I was excited to get a brand new car that I could depend on lasting for a long time. Within 2 years, there was a "re-call" on the breaks. This worked out just in time, because I was looking into buying new break pads. My break pads were squeaking so bad, I had to do something about it. I don't think I misuse my breaks. And surprise! One year later, they are squeaking again. The interior parts are falling apart (just getting in and out normally). The tire hubcap/covering paint is chipping off and discoloring. final complaint: there is too many bind spots. I literally have to get out of my seats to see all around me. Very unsafe

JUNK!!!
By lettau on 02/11/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy this car. check engine light came on three times in one month, wiring harness replaced twice, window components, starter and then 2 weeks later the rack and pinion went. Chrysler won't do a thing about it. don't buy this car. I went back to dealer and they wouldn't help either.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Done with Dodge!!!
By bargomommy on 12/29/12 13:01 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on within a week of buying this piece of junk! Both O2 sensors needed replaced. Then the alternator to a dump and needed replaced! When you go to accelerate, you don't know whether it's going to go or be sluggish and need to push down harder on the gas. N matter how many times I clean it, it is a dust collector. The gas mileage has never been what was stated. Then there are the recalls. We are trading this in as soon as we get our taxes and never looking back!!! I will never buy a Dodge again!!!

Disappointed
By kingsolidsteve on 04/24/12 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Journey as a high school graduation present from my grandmother. It was a very nice gift, initially looked impressive, and was fun for awhile. That all gradually started to change. Since I have had it, it has had two recalls for safety issues, replaced brake pads that were defective, and wheel covers that had a weird discoloration (and still does). There is also an excessive amount of dust that accumulates on the dashboard, and some of the interior pieces are pretty flimsy and cheap. Acceleration is sometimes either too quick or too sluggish, and the gas mileage isn't up to par. This is disappointing, as I've always been a Dodge fan. I'm thinking of trading in my Journey next year.

Don't buy a Journey!
By star20 on 03/30/12 22:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the front brakes on this car twice and the back brakes once. I only have 26,000 miles on the car and I need to replace the brakes again! Dodge is using poor quality parts and made the brake "sweep" area insufficient for the weight of the vehicle. this car is a piece of junk. Also I had to replace the front tires already and it cost me nearly $400! that was with shopping around for the best deal. I will never buy Dodge again.

mystery water leak
By wildwine on 02/07/12 12:12 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the 2009 Dodge Journey since July 2008. Had 2 recalls so far for brakes and power invertor connectors of which both were fixed. Now we have water entering car on drivers side and leaving carpet and foam underneath soaking in water. Door seals were changed and still having problem. Taking it in tomorrow for the 3rd time. Let me add that this car only has 15,500 miles on it. We are senior citizens living on a fixed income and cannot afford another one and one year owed on this one. Angry is not the word I would use at the present time but I need to keep it clean,(sic). Of course with our luck warranty is no longer applicable. I will prevail.

This car is awful...
By jfogs on 09/17/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you want a car where you need to replace the brakes and rotors every 15k miles and will start when it feels like it, then this is the car for you. Think I'm kidding? Just google it. Do not buy Dodge/Chrysler. This company deserved to die and you and I are paying to keep them on life support. Never again.

Do not purchase this vehicle - 2009 - 4 Cyclinder Model
By barry_72 on 06/27/11 08:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Brakes are horrible. Just after 12k miles, front brakes had to be replaced. I replaced with Autozone pads (lifetime warranty) and those lasted for another 20k miles better than the mopar's. I'm on my 3rd set of brakes using Autozone pads which offer free replacements. Rear brakes had to be replaced at 38k miles. I've never had a car in which the rear brakes had to be addressed before 100k miles. Don't let Chrysler touch your brakes. $30 for your first pair of Autozone brand and they last longer with LIFETIME warranty even with normal wear. Chrysler will just put the same sub standard parts on your car for replacement that you'll have to pay dearly to replace.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in NJ is:

$207 per month*