2004 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So far, so good

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

So far, so good
By Jerome Barry on

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife drives this car and drives it badly. Ergo, my fuel economy when she drives around town is about 16 mpg. When I drive on the highway, I get 29 mpg. It's difficult for me to get my fat self into the front seat, so the the power seat is a plus. It handles well and runs quietly. I've changed the oil twice so far and it hasn't siezed up yet, imagine that! Anyway, the looks of the car are superb, but looks won't hold value if the guts of the car are weak. Depreciation is a big minus on this car, so I'd recommend you buy one used after one or two years and not more than 20,000 miles. The car handled our family vacation marvelously, the trunk room and back seat room were worth it!

Favorite Features

All power everything is good. Factory tires are very good, so far. The 2.7L has sufficient power to get around. The oil filter position is excellent for the do-it-yourselfer. Butane Blue ... I like it, my wife doesn't. Comfy seats. Good A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Mopar should learn to build cars that don't have a rattle in the dash. Warranty repaired the rattle in my car by adding a foam insert. BUILD IT IN! you numbskulls. Further, the hemi from the 300C should be in all Chrysler products weighing over 2000 lb.