Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Bad Interference Engines
By T

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for two years beginning this week and the engine has been rebuilt and I am still having engine problems. So many others have had the EXACT same problems, which amazing to me. Obviously the car was built with nuts and bolts.

Favorite Features

None, it would be reliability, but that is knocked out the box with the constant repairs.

Suggested Improvements

The vehicles need to be recalled for engine checks, something was not done right or with the right part and all intrepids are dying. Its no wonder they stop making them.

I love my Intrepid
By David Washburn

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. I got it with 82000 miles on it it just hit 90000 miles 2 days ago. I have yet had to do any major repairs that it actually has needed other then usually stuff. I love the comfort of the seats and how roomie the inside is. I really have no complaints of this car. I'm fixing to deploy and whenever I get back I am going to throw some money into it to kinda make it my show car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the comfortable seats and the room that is inside. I will also agree with alot of these people about the quickness that it has for a small V-6. Great fuel economy and smooth ride. Great car all around. My wife prefers it over her Dodge Caravan.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions that I can come up with is to take care of it and treat it like you would treat your kids. With a little TLC

Drives Great
By b4202i

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car about six month ago. Replaced brakes, very easy due to four disc brakes instead of rear drums. Having to change tires. It is super clean under the hood. Bought at 112K, have 122K on it now. Haven't changed oil in 4K and it is still super clean

Suggested Improvements

blind spots could be better. turning a sharp corner; it doesn't do well. replacing lights in the front are difficult.

Do Not Buy Intrepid 2.7 or Any Other Chrysler Product
By derek_a

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I wouldn't recommend buying any used Chrysler product with no warranty. My 2004 Intrepid 2.7 lived in the shop. The car couldn't go 6 months without needing a repair, but this car's biggest problem is it's cooling system when the engine is properly maintained with 3000 mile full synthetic oil changes as I did. I've been thru 2 water outlets! a radiator, a coolant reservoir, 2 thermostats, and 2 thermostat housings. Then the car's water pump, which is at the center of the engine, goes bad causing the car to overheat and blow part of the head gasket. On top of that, the car is now tapping. Tapping, waterpump, and gasket fix will cost the same as getting a new engine. I'm getting a new car!

Favorite Features

Nice looks, humongous full sized sedan, trunk almost swallows full sized bike, A/C blows super hard.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler of America should've had the same good build quality as Chrysler of Canada!

Money Pit
By moonfairy

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Intrepid on February of 2013. Iwas just under 100,000 miles when I bought it and in a year and a half of driving put about 13000 miles on it... it started leaking radiator fluid and then oil and power steering. I tried fixing those problems but never could fix the radiator, I couldn't get the fluid to actually go down into the engine as its routed weirdly and it started over heating. Next thing I knew I was getting a knocking noise in the engine and when we checked there was water in my oil. I tried getting that fixed but the fix didnt work and in three days my engine was shot. it has the craziest engine I have ever seen. I would never suggest someone buy this car ever!

Favorite Features

style of car is great. love the speed when it runs good its is amazing... Loved my car til it started becoming a money pit.

Suggested Improvements

Most definitely redesign the radiator system which is completely wonky...never seen anything like it and it seems to be in my experience and from reading reviews the main issue cause the engine to blow and create a spot in the engine for putting transmission fluid in it without having to fill through the dip stick part of it...and clearly label all fluid fill areas!!