2004 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

2004 Intrepid Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
So Far So Good!!
By Brian M.

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car with 11,000 miles. I have been a GM and Honda owner. Traded my CRV in for it. I do alot of highway driving & I am getting 25mpg so far.It handles great and ride nice,very stylish!! I have the SE model. I havent figured out if the rear seats fold down yet?I hope dodge deosn't disaapoint me. I need a good reliable car.

Favorite Features

looks,power,handleing, roomy, radio I love everthing

Suggested Improvements

To many blind spots, better gas mileage

Dashtop reflection
By Spidereyeing

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

To much reflection in windshield causing poor visibility.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Change windshield design.

GREAT CAR!
By F A

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this auto for 3 weeks now, great rise. Very smooth and aerodynamic, great stylying and comfort. I love this Inrepid.

overall
By James Ward

2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Initial problem with transmission downshift release, high rpm increase when coasting downhill while in cruise control mode. Corrected @ dealership.

Favorite Features

Power availabe in overdrive, had a need for passing on 2 lane road and it did perform above my expectations and actually it was awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Console drink holder needs about 1/4 inch more clearance between holder and cabinet.

i love it
By solome

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it for a month and would never give it up!

Favorite Features

the seat adjustments

Suggested Improvements

none

great and fun car
By Drip

2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to handle and doesn't feel like a big car. Very surprised how well it handled in the snow this past week.

Favorite Features

Love the body with the spoiler and chrome wheels. Very sharp and sporty for a large car.

Suggested Improvements

Back window is hard to see out when backing out. Blind spots. Especially, when your like myself, at 5 foot 1 inch.

My new used Intrepid
By BKilpatTN

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 Intrepid (probably a program car) when I traded in my 04 Mustang. I needed a bigger car because I just adopted a greyhound, and there was no way she would fit in the back seat of the Mustang. The Intrepid also gets much better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

I love the amount of room in this car. This is also my first car with leather seats. LOVE THEM! The engine is very subtle, but push on the accelerator and it will let you know it's there.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any right now, but I've only had it a few weeks.

Love my "Trep"
By SteveCollins

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an Intrepid because I needed a car that would tow my 19 foot power boat, have room for my skiis, look great, and have an attitude on the road and in the twisties. The Intrepid, with front wheel drive and traction control can easily pull my 4000 boat up a slippery ramp with no problem. With leather seating and the optional wood inlayed dash, and the inferno red exterior, it is an exciting too look at in the driveway. I get compliments on it wherever I go.

Favorite Features

The Intrepid has killer good looks! The ES model, with the chrome exhaust pipe, alloy wheels, dark shaded rear windows, and a trailer hitch, just looks like a great car ready to take for a great day!

Suggested Improvements

Improve sound insulation; but hey, this is a young man's car. Buy one while you can! They are replacing it with something not as good.

Good family car
By Jim Dolan

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of its size and low price w/incentives. It handles well for a large car and rides smoothly. No problem in winter driving (I got the antilock brakes). Some blind spots but side view mirrors help.

Favorite Features

Roominess, ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Resale value is terrible, reliability of Intrepids has been poor, Dodge/Chrysler dealer has not been helpful with some minor complaints. Not suprisingly, this car has been discontinued by Dodge.

Wow, was I surprised!
By Racin' Roxy

2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Intrepid had never caught my eye before, however once behind the wheel, I was hooked. This is my first Dodge, and so far, I would purchase another. This car is responsive, handles incredibly well, rides like a luxury car and looks great. The pearl black finish and chrome wheels are a real eye catcher. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The sound system is above average. I hate to arrive at my destination when driving this car... I'd like to keep on driving.

Favorite Features

The engine! No sluggishness here. The seating is very comfortable, front and back. Lots of room, especially the trunk. I love the foglights. The backseat air vents are so cool.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhausts on the SXT. Sharp! More storage for maps, etc. Better instrumentation... it looks outdated in the daylight, but illuminates well at night.