Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

So far so good
By froggerSJC

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Grabbed this car due to an amazing deal I got. It does handle pretty well for such a large car. I lowered my reliability rating because of Chrysler's apparent lack of responsibility as far as the 2.7L engine goes. So far all is well, though I keep Mobile1 running through her. If my engine does fail, DC better be ready for a stink!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats and decent handling. Great oil plug and filter positions for do it yourselfers. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

For Chrysler to own up to their products, I found out about the sludging after I bought it. If they keep treating customers this way, I will not be a patron of theirs.

Bad Interference Engines
By T

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for two years beginning this week and the engine has been rebuilt and I am still having engine problems. So many others have had the EXACT same problems, which amazing to me. Obviously the car was built with nuts and bolts.

Favorite Features

None, it would be reliability, but that is knocked out the box with the constant repairs.

Suggested Improvements

The vehicles need to be recalled for engine checks, something was not done right or with the right part and all intrepids are dying. Its no wonder they stop making them.

our best Mopar
By sandra

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Intrepid is best Mopar we have eve owned. Will certainly buy another.

Favorite Features

Areodynamic styling

Suggested Improvements

Seating for 3 in front would be nice.

This is the car!
By Jim

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best car I have ever driven. There are many extras I wasn't even hoping for ... but now that I have them ... I am so glad I bought this car !

Favorite Features

Acceleration Trunk Space Keyless Trunk Opener Roomy Electric Driver's Seat Cruise buttons on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Put column shift on floor

So far, so good
By Jerome Barry

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife drives this car and drives it badly. Ergo, my fuel economy when she drives around town is about 16 mpg. When I drive on the highway, I get 29 mpg. It's difficult for me to get my fat self into the front seat, so the the power seat is a plus. It handles well and runs quietly. I've changed the oil twice so far and it hasn't siezed up yet, imagine that! Anyway, the looks of the car are superb, but looks won't hold value if the guts of the car are weak. Depreciation is a big minus on this car, so I'd recommend you buy one used after one or two years and not more than 20,000 miles. The car handled our family vacation marvelously, the trunk room and back seat room were worth it!

Favorite Features

All power everything is good. Factory tires are very good, so far. The 2.7L has sufficient power to get around. The oil filter position is excellent for the do-it-yourselfer. Butane Blue ... I like it, my wife doesn't. Comfy seats. Good A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Mopar should learn to build cars that don't have a rattle in the dash. Warranty repaired the rattle in my car by adding a foam insert. BUILD IT IN! you numbskulls. Further, the hemi from the 300C should be in all Chrysler products weighing over 2000 lb.