Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Already Issues!
By Heidi

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2004 Dodge Intrepid for my daughter (it is her first vehicle) 2 weeks ago and at first she noticed she had issues starting it. I thought with 38,000 miles, it would be a reliable car but it has stopped on her while she was driving twice now! Found the camshaft sensor needed to be replaced. We also are looking at the crank sensor but I am frustrated with the reliablity of a 2004 car with low miles. My husband was upset that we purchased a Dodge and I regret our decision as well.

The roominess of this car is wonderful and so is the body/design. Very nice, comfortable interior and fun to drive.

Reliability is key. I wanted to purchase a US made car and am dissapointed with the poor quality we have experienced so far. In reading reviews on this make/model I am finding others who are frustrated.

Intrepid SE
By David

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun is where you find it. For a car of this size, the initial acceleration from a stationary position upto town driving speeds is enough to embarass quite a lot of boy-racers without taxing th. The V6 isn't especially powerful but, for a V6, is reasonably economical. The gearbox is well suited to the engine, actually using some of the engine rev range rather than just cruising or screaming like a lot of other automatic gearboxes tend to do. The size of the car, with it's armchair seats, it's air-con and soft suspension makes for a very comfortable ride, even on the rutted Seattle highways. Don't go too fast round a corner though - you might have to reverse back and pick up your wing mirrors.

It's got a V6 that puts out 200 BHP, runs on regular gas and returns 25 MPG. It's responsive, smooth and quiet. Mine's not really got enough miles on for any serious problems to have surfaced yet though.

This car would have been better if the suspension hadn't been quite so soft, as my driving went from mostly highway to mostly town. The trunk is loooong, but the opening isn't really wide enough to maximise the big trunk. Where is the hatchback version?-haven't Dodge seen how good a Mazda6 Hatch is?

So far so good
By froggerSJC

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Grabbed this car due to an amazing deal I got. It does handle pretty well for such a large car. I lowered my reliability rating because of Chrysler's apparent lack of responsibility as far as the 2.7L engine goes. So far all is well, though I keep Mobile1 running through her. If my engine does fail, DC better be ready for a stink!

Comfortable seats and decent handling. Great oil plug and filter positions for do it yourselfers. Huge trunk.

For Chrysler to own up to their products, I found out about the sludging after I bought it. If they keep treating customers this way, I will not be a patron of theirs.

Bad Interference Engines
By T

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for two years beginning this week and
the engine has been rebuilt and I am still having
engine problems. So many others have had the
EXACT same problems, which amazing to me.
Obviously the car was built with nuts and bolts.

None, it would be reliability, but that is knocked out the box with the constant repairs.

The vehicles need to be recalled for engine checks, something was not done right or with the right part and all intrepids are dying. Its no wonder they stop making them.

our best Mopar
By sandra

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Intrepid is best Mopar we have eve
owned. Will certainly buy another.

Areodynamic styling

Seating for 3 in front would be nice.