2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
UH oh Watch out
By jdl44lfhs on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well I bought this car as a used Rental car and I saved a bunch of money on it. I am not sure that this is going to catch up to me or not. I have over 26,000 miles on it now and its been a great car so far, there is a rattling type noise that just started happening towards the front of the car which I have no clue at all what the noise could be, but let me tell you that it is very annoying. I work for a CarMax dealership and we will not even sell a Dodge Intrepid when it has over 60,000 miles on it because as I was told that "they are junk once they get over the 60k mark".

Great Car!
By tericoke1 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Why Dodge decided not to make any more Intrepids is be on me. This is my 3rd. They're a nice looking car. The dealership had to drive 150 miles to get this car for me. The only reason I give up a car is because of milage. I put alot on a car.

Awesome Car
By Lorri1968 on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have purchased. I love the look, the feel the comfort and reliability. It feels great to drive such a classy car. The gas mileage isn't bad either, about 25 miles per gallon on a regular basis. What an awesome car this is!!

I love this car
By KGB on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable car I have purchased. The Intripid is affordable and looks stylish. Dodge really made a great car! Please don't stop making this model:)

best car i ever had!
By Charlee on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car, i named, "Hunter" not for the color but for his performance. i have had 2 major accidents, and "Hunter" has saved my life. He, is the Best car i have ever owned.

Love my Intrepid
By Tyran on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Handles and corners beautifully. 3.5 6 cylinder delivers great acceleration and performance. Mine has a spoiler which I think further enhances the body design. If I were able to change one thing it would be the inferior interior, should have more color options except the dull grey. I'm not a leather fan.

impossible !!!!!
By patrickpatrick on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

nothing else to say but how does a engine lock up at 11,564 miles!!!!? this car is a piece of trash!! dodge should be fully responsible for fixing thse 2.7litre engines,they know about them but do nothing! dealers know too but still resales these cars anyway.stay away from any used or new dodge intrepid!!!!!!!i paid $13,000 for it now dealer wont even give $2,000!!!!!

Will MISS the Intrepids
By SHAW on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Intrepid. I was going to buy another one in 2004, but now I find out they are not going to make them anymore. HOW VERY SAD. There is NOTHING on the market with this much space and larger mid-size cars are getting harder to find. WHY is this? Not everyone wants an SUV or truck. Now all the cars look like a square box instead of the pretty sleek design of the Intrepid.

ecstaticaboutmy'Trepid
By grabbedlifebythehorn on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought used with 24000 even though its the plain jane SE i was surprised by 2.7 love the interior one of the most comfortable rides i've ever drove i like pass through back seats plenty of room got a pair 12" thumps in the trunk only compaint is on rough roads the road noise gets to intrusive oh well just crank the subs up a couple of notches haven't had any problems whatsoever great looking car love the style with the factory 16" rims and tires this thing handles like a scalded cat climbing a curtain great driving dynamics put almost 20000 since last year ain't got no stink from her and i don't expect any been a superletive driver love my 'Trepid

Nice style
By brushwood on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car is a Model Year 2000 company car, great styling and interior layout. Not fancy inside but has all the necessities. HUGE trunk with inside access - find me a bigger one on a mid- size car. And the interior is very spacious both front and back - more than my father's Buick LeSabre.Fuel economy isn't great (20-24) but this one has the bigger engine. The Auto Stick is fun to play with but doesn't get used very often. A/C works great. It takes a while to get used to the sloping front end and very high rear when parking - usually leave too much distance. Thanks Dodge for a solid car.