Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

4 years and Still Strong
By Kasper

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 04 for my wife. The only part I had to replace was the cable from the shifter to the transmission and tires this past summer. Aside from the dings this car is like new still and runs like it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, good power for a big car, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic on the inside and better audio system.

Love Dodge
By Michael

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars that I have owned. I love my intrepid and have only had normal maintenance.

Favorite Features

Style, handling, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again!

Outstanding!
By jmoser

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with mine. I get 32 MPG highway and 24 MPG city! I love it! I have owned/driven 8 different cars in the last 6 years, and this one rises above all of them! The 2.7 is a little sluggish when the weather is warm. In the cold temperatures it is quick and powerful! Great car to own!

Favorite Features

Power everything!

Suggested Improvements

None needed!

Already Issues!
By Heidi

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2004 Dodge Intrepid for my daughter (it is her first vehicle) 2 weeks ago and at first she noticed she had issues starting it. I thought with 38,000 miles, it would be a reliable car but it has stopped on her while she was driving twice now! Found the camshaft sensor needed to be replaced. We also are looking at the crank sensor but I am frustrated with the reliablity of a 2004 car with low miles. My husband was upset that we purchased a Dodge and I regret our decision as well.

Favorite Features

The roominess of this car is wonderful and so is the body/design. Very nice, comfortable interior and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability is key. I wanted to purchase a US made car and am dissapointed with the poor quality we have experienced so far. In reading reviews on this make/model I am finding others who are frustrated.

Intrepid SE
By David

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun is where you find it. For a car of this size, the initial acceleration from a stationary position upto town driving speeds is enough to embarass quite a lot of boy-racers without taxing th. The V6 isn't especially powerful but, for a V6, is reasonably economical. The gearbox is well suited to the engine, actually using some of the engine rev range rather than just cruising or screaming like a lot of other automatic gearboxes tend to do. The size of the car, with it's armchair seats, it's air-con and soft suspension makes for a very comfortable ride, even on the rutted Seattle highways. Don't go too fast round a corner though - you might have to reverse back and pick up your wing mirrors.

Favorite Features

It's got a V6 that puts out 200 BHP, runs on regular gas and returns 25 MPG. It's responsive, smooth and quiet. Mine's not really got enough miles on for any serious problems to have surfaced yet though.

Suggested Improvements

This car would have been better if the suspension hadn't been quite so soft, as my driving went from mostly highway to mostly town. The trunk is loooong, but the opening isn't really wide enough to maximise the big trunk. Where is the hatchback version?-haven't Dodge seen how good a Mazda6 Hatch is?