Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Bad choice/ waste of money
By Southern32

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile thinking I was getting my money worth, bad choice. I have spent much more $$ then its worth, problem after problem; this car is always in and out of the shop. I wish I had just purchased and old car for cash. The transmission goes into 1st gear causing me to pull over, shut the car off and then re-starting it, nothing but a hassle. So ready to get raid of it.

Suggested Improvements

Please have a certified mechanic to do a bumper to bumper inspection before you purchase

Many miles and more to go
By KLL

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 5 years and have put over 190,000 miles on it, i have done just routine maintenance and replaced the tires. I have been extremly happy with this car and hope it lasts me past the 250 mile mark.

Favorite Features

The size with the great mpg on the highway

04 intrepid sxt 3.5L HO engine
By dennis williams

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car late in 04 when they were phasing it out. car is great on road trips and plenty of power w/ the 250 horse 3.5L. religiously change oil every 3000 miles and obey all scheduled maintenance. had a cam shaft sensor go out 2 yrs ago; covered under warranty. had a recall last month for the crankshaft sensor; once again it was free. bought new tires last week after 63000 on the original goodyears.

Favorite Features

the exterior design; they dont make them like that anymore.also trunk space is huge along w/the chrome rimmed full size spare.

owned intrepids 5 years
By Ray K

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd intrepid, my son has the 1st one ,an '03 SE 2.7L engine with 100K miles. The '03 has had only 2 repairs totaling $450 (air cond line & ignition key swithc) besides brakes (which lasted a long time). Because of '03 reliability, I bought an '04 with low mileage. Have had 5 months with no problems. 2.7L engines do require frequent oil changes. I used Mobil 1 and the engine is whisper quiet with 100K miles (no other oil would produce these results). The new one is a 3.5L but I still use Mobil 1. These are great road cars but are hard to park & backup due to poor visibility. I obviously like them & will buy another one, even when they are 10 years old.

Favorite Features

great brakes, don't get tired (comfort) even after 300miles of continuous driving,

Suggested Improvements

better cruise control

I love my Intrepid
By David Washburn

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. I got it with 82000 miles on it it just hit 90000 miles 2 days ago. I have yet had to do any major repairs that it actually has needed other then usually stuff. I love the comfort of the seats and how roomie the inside is. I really have no complaints of this car. I'm fixing to deploy and whenever I get back I am going to throw some money into it to kinda make it my show car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the comfortable seats and the room that is inside. I will also agree with alot of these people about the quickness that it has for a small V-6. Great fuel economy and smooth ride. Great car all around. My wife prefers it over her Dodge Caravan.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions that I can come up with is to take care of it and treat it like you would treat your kids. With a little TLC