2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
2004 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 LTR EXT
By Mark on 11/17/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

68,000 miles had to replace the crankshaft position sensor, 3 cam sensors, 3 batteries. Car would die and not restart. Would wait for awhile and then it would start. Found that the coupling where the positive battery cable met up at the jumper post above the air intake filter box had become corroded. This was causing the battery and cables to overheat. Flickering lights and total shutdown of the engine ensued. Cleaned the corrosion and replaced battery cable. Car runs like new.

Love Dodge
By Michael on 09/17/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars that I have owned. I love my intrepid and have only had normal maintenance.

Outstanding!
By jmoser on 07/29/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with mine. I get 32 MPG highway and 24 MPG city! I love it! I have owned/driven 8 different cars in the last 6 years, and this one rises above all of them! The 2.7 is a little sluggish when the weather is warm. In the cold temperatures it is quick and powerful! Great car to own!

I like it!!!
By DanL on 05/25/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 23,000 miles and have been on 3 road trips with it. Mileage is great for a larger V6, performance is smooth and ride is quiet. The trans shifts smoothly and the car handles a lot like a smaller and lighter vehicle. Mileage on trips has been around 27 with in town driving around 19 or so.

Already Issues!
By Heidi on 11/06/07 10:47 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2004 Dodge Intrepid for my daughter (it is her first vehicle) 2 weeks ago and at first she noticed she had issues starting it. I thought with 38,000 miles, it would be a reliable car but it has stopped on her while she was driving twice now! Found the camshaft sensor needed to be replaced. We also are looking at the crank sensor but I am frustrated with the reliablity of a 2004 car with low miles. My husband was upset that we purchased a Dodge and I regret our decision as well.

For a used car, it's a great value for money
By T Abraham on 11/08/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for a few months now. I've had to change the brake pads and some transmission components. Bought it for $6500. Have spent about $1500 since, but the car has been very very reliable since and has been great on long 17 - 20 hour drives. Plenty of storage. Great for families. Taut driving and handling. Plenty of power. Great car.

Intrepid SE
By David on 12/08/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun is where you find it. For a car of this size, the initial acceleration from a stationary position upto town driving speeds is enough to embarass quite a lot of boy-racers without taxing th. The V6 isn't especially powerful but, for a V6, is reasonably economical. The gearbox is well suited to the engine, actually using some of the engine rev range rather than just cruising or screaming like a lot of other automatic gearboxes tend to do. The size of the car, with it's armchair seats, it's air-con and soft suspension makes for a very comfortable ride, even on the rutted Seattle highways. Don't go too fast round a corner though - you might have to reverse back and pick up your wing mirrors.

So far so good
By froggerSJC on 06/05/05 00:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Grabbed this car due to an amazing deal I got. It does handle pretty well for such a large car. I lowered my reliability rating because of Chrysler's apparent lack of responsibility as far as the 2.7L engine goes. So far all is well, though I keep Mobile1 running through her. If my engine does fail, DC better be ready for a stink!

Bad ass SXT
By T-REX56 on 01/03/05 01:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 97' Intrepid sport, loved it! So I bought a new one. The car gives you all you would expect in a Intrepid.The 3.5 litre 250 ponies is a real treat.

Bad Interference Engines
By T on 12/23/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for two years beginning this week and the engine has been rebuilt and I am still having engine problems. So many others have had the EXACT same problems, which amazing to me. Obviously the car was built with nuts and bolts.