Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

I love my Intrepid
By David Washburn

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. I got it with 82000 miles on it it just hit 90000 miles 2 days ago. I have yet had to do any major repairs that it actually has needed other then usually stuff. I love the comfort of the seats and how roomie the inside is. I really have no complaints of this car. I'm fixing to deploy and whenever I get back I am going to throw some money into it to kinda make it my show car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the comfortable seats and the room that is inside. I will also agree with alot of these people about the quickness that it has for a small V-6. Great fuel economy and smooth ride. Great car all around. My wife prefers it over her Dodge Caravan.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions that I can come up with is to take care of it and treat it like you would treat your kids. With a little TLC

do NOT buy this car.
By drhr

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was horrible from day one. A week after I brought it home the check engine light came on, and it would only start when it wanted to. I went to get it fixed, and it stopped doing it and ran perfectly fine for a year and a half. Then the battery died, the breaks went out, and the transmission started going out. Currently the car is in my driveway, unused because the transmission locked up the engine and the drive trane is disconnected from the drivers side. I will NEVER buy another dodge again. Its been terrible from day one.

Favorite Features

Theres not a whole lot I like about this car except how roomy it is in the car, and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Take all Dodge's and burn them.

A new review at 50K
By jeromeb

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The odometer crossed 50K as were were approaching home from a 2400 mile road trip. Interior design loses one point for no rear cup holders. Fuel Economy loses 1 point for being less than 30 mpg. It was 28 mpg. Other than that, the car is magnificent! Comfort, performance, handling, and all convenience systems were flawless. It's amazing what a bit of deliberate care and maintenance can do to keep a good car running well. Since this car was new I've replaced one power window motor, two hood shocks and one water coolant manifold. I've been using Mobil-1 5W-30 Extended Performance oil and K&N oil filters with 5000 mile change intervals.

Favorite Features

Interior Comfort. Sweet!

Suggested Improvements

Too late, it's discontinued

07 2.7l Dodge Intrepid
By ld71

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 04 intrepid but I am scared now because I have been hearing a lot of other owners have been having a lot of problems with their vehicle. I love the comfort and style of this car and really do not want to trade it but also do not want the engine to blow up on me. Any suggestions??

Favorite Features

room and ride

Suggested Improvements

2.7 could be a little more powerful

transmission 1st 2 go after 110,000miles
By e

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

very nice for your first car.pretty good size sedan. just shy of 30mpg.

Favorite Features

engine puts out 200hp @ 5800rpm Torque-190 lb.-ft @ 4850rpm very large trunk,

Suggested Improvements

only two cup holders in the either car, transmission goes after 110,000. RWD would be nice.