2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
This is the car!
By Jim on 12/04/04 20:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best car I have ever driven. There are many extras I wasn't even hoping for ... but now that I have them ... I am so glad I bought this car !

So far, so good
By Jerome Barry on 11/13/04 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife drives this car and drives it badly. Ergo, my fuel economy when she drives around town is about 16 mpg. When I drive on the highway, I get 29 mpg. It's difficult for me to get my fat self into the front seat, so the the power seat is a plus. It handles well and runs quietly. I've changed the oil twice so far and it hasn't siezed up yet, imagine that! Anyway, the looks of the car are superb, but looks won't hold value if the guts of the car are weak. Depreciation is a big minus on this car, so I'd recommend you buy one used after one or two years and not more than 20,000 miles. The car handled our family vacation marvelously, the trunk room and back seat room were worth it!

I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THIS CA
By LYNETTE PATRICK on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

THE BRAKES ON THIS CAR ALWAYS GO OUT SO EASY.THE ENGINE LIGHT CONTINUE TO COME ON. THEY SAY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG.MY CAR TAKE TIME TO STARTED UP. THEY ALSO SAY THAT ITS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.I BELIEVE THAT THEY DIDN'T PROPERLY CHECK IT BECAUSCE I WAS UNDER WARRANT.I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THIS CAR.

UH oh Watch out
By jdl44lfhs on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well I bought this car as a used Rental car and I saved a bunch of money on it. I am not sure that this is going to catch up to me or not. I have over 26,000 miles on it now and its been a great car so far, there is a rattling type noise that just started happening towards the front of the car which I have no clue at all what the noise could be, but let me tell you that it is very annoying. I work for a CarMax dealership and we will not even sell a Dodge Intrepid when it has over 60,000 miles on it because as I was told that "they are junk once they get over the 60k mark".

Great Car!
By tericoke1 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Why Dodge decided not to make any more Intrepids is be on me. This is my 3rd. They're a nice looking car. The dealership had to drive 150 miles to get this car for me. The only reason I give up a car is because of milage. I put alot on a car.

Awesome Car
By Lorri1968 on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have purchased. I love the look, the feel the comfort and reliability. It feels great to drive such a classy car. The gas mileage isn't bad either, about 25 miles per gallon on a regular basis. What an awesome car this is!!

I love this car
By KGB on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable car I have purchased. The Intripid is affordable and looks stylish. Dodge really made a great car! Please don't stop making this model:)

best car i ever had!
By Charlee on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car, i named, "Hunter" not for the color but for his performance. i have had 2 major accidents, and "Hunter" has saved my life. He, is the Best car i have ever owned.

impossible !!!!!
By patrickpatrick on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

nothing else to say but how does a engine lock up at 11,564 miles!!!!? this car is a piece of trash!! dodge should be fully responsible for fixing thse 2.7litre engines,they know about them but do nothing! dealers know too but still resales these cars anyway.stay away from any used or new dodge intrepid!!!!!!!i paid $13,000 for it now dealer wont even give $2,000!!!!!

ecstaticaboutmy'Trepid
By grabbedlifebythehorn on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

bought used with 24000 even though its the plain jane SE i was surprised by 2.7 love the interior one of the most comfortable rides i've ever drove i like pass through back seats plenty of room got a pair 12" thumps in the trunk only compaint is on rough roads the road noise gets to intrusive oh well just crank the subs up a couple of notches haven't had any problems whatsoever great looking car love the style with the factory 16" rims and tires this thing handles like a scalded cat climbing a curtain great driving dynamics put almost 20000 since last year ain't got no stink from her and i don't expect any been a superletive driver love my 'Trepid