Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Bad choice/ waste of money
By Southern32

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile thinking I was getting my money worth, bad choice. I have spent much more $$ then its worth, problem after problem; this car is always in and out of the shop. I wish I had just purchased and old car for cash. The transmission goes into 1st gear causing me to pull over, shut the car off and then re-starting it, nothing but a hassle. So ready to get raid of it.

Please have a certified mechanic to do a bumper to bumper inspection before you purchase

Many miles and more to go
By KLL

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 5 years and have put over 190,000 miles on it, i have done just routine maintenance and replaced the tires. I have been extremly happy with this car and hope it lasts me past the 250 mile mark.

The size with the great mpg on the highway

I love my Intrepid
By David Washburn

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. I got it with 82000 miles on it it just hit 90000 miles 2 days ago. I have yet had to do any major repairs that it actually has needed other then usually stuff. I love the comfort of the seats and how roomie the inside is. I really have no complaints of this car. I'm fixing to deploy and whenever I get back I am going to throw some money into it to kinda make it my show car.

My favorite features are the comfortable seats and the room that is inside. I will also agree with alot of these people about the quickness that it has for a small V-6. Great fuel economy and smooth ride. Great car all around. My wife prefers it over her Dodge Caravan.

The only suggestions that I can come up with is to take care of it and treat it like you would treat your kids. With a little TLC

do NOT buy this car.
By drhr

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was horrible from day one. A week after I brought it home the check engine light came on, and it would only start when it wanted to. I went to get it fixed, and it stopped doing it and ran perfectly fine for a year and a half. Then the battery died, the breaks went out, and the transmission started going out. Currently the car is in my driveway, unused because the transmission locked up the engine and the drive trane is disconnected from the drivers side. I will NEVER buy another dodge again. Its been terrible from day one.

Theres not a whole lot I like about this car except how roomy it is in the car, and trunk.

Take all Dodge's and burn them.

A new review at 50K
By jeromeb

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The odometer crossed 50K as were were approaching home from a 2400 mile road trip. Interior design loses one point for no rear cup holders. Fuel Economy loses 1 point for being less than 30 mpg. It was 28 mpg. Other than that, the car is magnificent! Comfort, performance, handling, and all convenience systems were flawless. It's amazing what a bit of deliberate care and maintenance can do to keep a good car running well. Since this car was new I've replaced one power window motor, two hood shocks and one water coolant manifold. I've been using Mobil-1 5W-30 Extended Performance oil and K&N oil filters with 5000 mile change intervals.

Interior Comfort. Sweet!