2004 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
07 2.7l Dodge Intrepid
By ld71 on 03/13/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 04 intrepid but I am scared now because I have been hearing a lot of other owners have been having a lot of problems with their vehicle. I love the comfort and style of this car and really do not want to trade it but also do not want the engine to blow up on me. Any suggestions??

transmission 1st 2 go after 110,000miles
By e on 03/11/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

very nice for your first car.pretty good size sedan. just shy of 30mpg.

4 years and Still Strong
By Kasper on 11/17/08 16:55 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 04 for my wife. The only part I had to replace was the cable from the shifter to the transmission and tires this past summer. Aside from the dings this car is like new still and runs like it.

Love Dodge
By Michael on 09/17/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars that I have owned. I love my intrepid and have only had normal maintenance.

Outstanding!
By jmoser on 07/29/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with mine. I get 32 MPG highway and 24 MPG city! I love it! I have owned/driven 8 different cars in the last 6 years, and this one rises above all of them! The 2.7 is a little sluggish when the weather is warm. In the cold temperatures it is quick and powerful! Great car to own!

Already Issues!
By Heidi on 11/06/07 10:47 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2004 Dodge Intrepid for my daughter (it is her first vehicle) 2 weeks ago and at first she noticed she had issues starting it. I thought with 38,000 miles, it would be a reliable car but it has stopped on her while she was driving twice now! Found the camshaft sensor needed to be replaced. We also are looking at the crank sensor but I am frustrated with the reliablity of a 2004 car with low miles. My husband was upset that we purchased a Dodge and I regret our decision as well.

Intrepid SE
By David on 12/08/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun is where you find it. For a car of this size, the initial acceleration from a stationary position upto town driving speeds is enough to embarass quite a lot of boy-racers without taxing th. The V6 isn't especially powerful but, for a V6, is reasonably economical. The gearbox is well suited to the engine, actually using some of the engine rev range rather than just cruising or screaming like a lot of other automatic gearboxes tend to do. The size of the car, with it's armchair seats, it's air-con and soft suspension makes for a very comfortable ride, even on the rutted Seattle highways. Don't go too fast round a corner though - you might have to reverse back and pick up your wing mirrors.

So far so good
By froggerSJC on 06/05/05 00:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Grabbed this car due to an amazing deal I got. It does handle pretty well for such a large car. I lowered my reliability rating because of Chrysler's apparent lack of responsibility as far as the 2.7L engine goes. So far all is well, though I keep Mobile1 running through her. If my engine does fail, DC better be ready for a stink!

Bad Interference Engines
By T on 12/23/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car for two years beginning this week and the engine has been rebuilt and I am still having engine problems. So many others have had the EXACT same problems, which amazing to me. Obviously the car was built with nuts and bolts.

our best Mopar
By sandra on 12/15/04 08:34 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Intrepid is best Mopar we have eve owned. Will certainly buy another.