2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
2004 Dodge Intrepid Review
By brooke6 on 05/12/12 22:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 2004 Dodge Intrepid for about 9 months. It ran great. No major problems. I think all we replaced was the battery and we had a slow leak in our tires. One day my mom and i were driving home and a driver fell asleep and crossed the line and struck our Intrepid. Completly totaled our car, but it saved our lives. The cops at the scene said if we had been in a different vehicle we probably wouldn't have made it out. This car is VERY safe and i thank God that we had been riding in that car on that day. We got roughly 24-28mpg and it rides really smooth. Cons: shape of car makes tricky blind spots, and has long nose. Huge trunk space and easy handeling. Reccomend this car to anyone!

owned intrepids 5 years
By Ray K on 05/25/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd intrepid, my son has the 1st one ,an '03 SE 2.7L engine with 100K miles. The '03 has had only 2 repairs totaling $450 (air cond line & ignition key swithc) besides brakes (which lasted a long time). Because of '03 reliability, I bought an '04 with low mileage. Have had 5 months with no problems. 2.7L engines do require frequent oil changes. I used Mobil 1 and the engine is whisper quiet with 100K miles (no other oil would produce these results). The new one is a 3.5L but I still use Mobil 1. These are great road cars but are hard to park & backup due to poor visibility. I obviously like them & will buy another one, even when they are 10 years old.

If it weren't in the shop all the time..
By Melissa on 02/11/09 12:18 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 60,000 miles on it, full service records and no history of problems (I've put three years and 22,400 on it). Supremely roomy interior, we *used* to take several long trips comfortably, however this engine has completely seized up and shut down in the middle of interstate driving (talk about excitement...), while applying the brake in city driving etc. despite regular and routine maintenance. I've replaced most of the electrical system and half the replaceable components of the engine for more $$ than I care to admit. Nothing but trouble from this engine (I though it was just the 2.7s, guess I'm just lucky)!!! Shame, too...it's comfortable, and a ton of fun to drive.

I like it!!!
By DanL on 05/25/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 23,000 miles and have been on 3 road trips with it. Mileage is great for a larger V6, performance is smooth and ride is quiet. The trans shifts smoothly and the car handles a lot like a smaller and lighter vehicle. Mileage on trips has been around 27 with in town driving around 19 or so.

Comfort, Room, Style and Value
By Susan Power on 12/12/04 11:39 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Intrepid is a fun and reliable vehicle. It makes the driving and traveling experience a true joy. It is an incredible value considering its base amenities and available options, for an extremely reasonable price.

Great Car!!
By tericoke1 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's the best car I've ever had/ And I've owned 3 Dodge Intrepids.

Will MISS the Intrepids
By SHAW on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Intrepid. I was going to buy another one in 2004, but now I find out they are not going to make them anymore. HOW VERY SAD. There is NOTHING on the market with this much space and larger mid-size cars are getting harder to find. WHY is this? Not everyone wants an SUV or truck. Now all the cars look like a square box instead of the pretty sleek design of the Intrepid.

Nice style
By brushwood on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car is a Model Year 2000 company car, great styling and interior layout. Not fancy inside but has all the necessities. HUGE trunk with inside access - find me a bigger one on a mid- size car. And the interior is very spacious both front and back - more than my father's Buick LeSabre.Fuel economy isn't great (20-24) but this one has the bigger engine. The Auto Stick is fun to play with but doesn't get used very often. A/C works great. It takes a while to get used to the sloping front end and very high rear when parking - usually leave too much distance. Thanks Dodge for a solid car.

Not the greatest car out there
By chemsal on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2004 is a cheaper version of the 2002,2003. Dodge has cut some real corners on this car. The seats are shorter and not as wide as the past models. There are many other areas that have been cheapened from previous year models. This is a company car, so I do not purchase this vehicle. Free is a good price to pay for a vehicle. If it cost one penny more I would not drive an Intrepid

My new used Intrepid
By BKilpatTN on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 Intrepid (probably a program car) when I traded in my 04 Mustang. I needed a bigger car because I just adopted a greyhound, and there was no way she would fit in the back seat of the Mustang. The Intrepid also gets much better gas mileage.