Used 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Not disappointed at all
By Debbie Marquez

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was really Leary about buying this car with the reviews some people have posted, but I have already put on close to 300 miles on her with no issues at all with most of it being highway miles. My only disappointment is visibility for backing up as the trunk does set up high. Roomy and comfort, sleek style and comfortable ride. Handles great in the rain. Should I run into issues down the line it will be worth fixing as it is hard to find a gem like this especially with back seat leg room. But I believe with utmost care such as oil changes and things this car will last . I would say the plastic headlight covers are not the greatest with condensation but I had seen what people have done to resolve this issue with great results which is no biggie. Other then that I am very happy and pleased.

2004 Dodge Intrepid Review
By brooke6

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 2004 Dodge Intrepid for about 9 months. It ran great. No major problems. I think all we replaced was the battery and we had a slow leak in our tires. One day my mom and i were driving home and a driver fell asleep and crossed the line and struck our Intrepid. Completly totaled our car, but it saved our lives. The cops at the scene said if we had been in a different vehicle we probably wouldn't have made it out. This car is VERY safe and i thank God that we had been riding in that car on that day. We got roughly 24-28mpg and it rides really smooth. Cons: shape of car makes tricky blind spots, and has long nose. Huge trunk space and easy handeling. Reccomend this car to anyone!

Trunk, comfortable seating, easy driving.

Shape of car (make blind spots better)

owned intrepids 5 years
By Ray K

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd intrepid, my son has the 1st one ,an '03 SE 2.7L engine with 100K miles. The '03 has had only 2 repairs totaling $450 (air cond line & ignition key swithc) besides brakes (which lasted a long time). Because of '03 reliability, I bought an '04 with low mileage. Have had 5 months with no problems. 2.7L engines do require frequent oil changes. I used Mobil 1 and the engine is whisper quiet with 100K miles (no other oil would produce these results). The new one is a 3.5L but I still use Mobil 1. These are great road cars but are hard to park & backup due to poor visibility. I obviously like them & will buy another one, even when they are 10 years old.

great brakes, don't get tired (comfort) even after 300miles of continuous driving,

better cruise control

If it weren't in the shop all the time..
By Melissa

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 60,000 miles on it, full service records and no history of problems (I've put three years and 22,400 on it). Supremely roomy interior, we *used* to take several long trips comfortably, however this engine has completely seized up and shut down in the middle of interstate driving (talk about excitement...), while applying the brake in city driving etc. despite regular and routine maintenance. I've replaced most of the electrical system and half the replaceable components of the engine for more $$ than I care to admit. Nothing but trouble from this engine (I though it was just the 2.7s, guess I'm just lucky)!!! Shame, too...it's comfortable, and a ton of fun to drive.

Huge interior, great trunk space.

More negative comment, since they don't make it anymore... but the turn radius is about that of a large cruise ship, blind spots are fairly large (most folk not familiar with the car have trouble reversing and paralell parking it because it's a boat), oh, and my engine's been shot from day one.

I like it!!!
By DanL

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 23,000 miles and have been on 3 road trips with it. Mileage is great for a larger V6, performance is smooth and ride is quiet. The trans shifts smoothly and the car handles a lot like a smaller and lighter vehicle. Mileage on trips has been around 27 with in town driving around 19 or so.

Leather interior, sound system, smooth ride and handling.

Rear window pillars are in a bad place to see when backing out of a parking space. Rear view mirror could be concave to see a wider part of the roadway.