2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Do Not Buy Intrepid 2.7 or Any Other Chrysler Product
By derek_a on 07/11/14 10:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I wouldn't recommend buying any used Chrysler product with no warranty. My 2004 Intrepid 2.7 lived in the shop. The car couldn't go 6 months without needing a repair, but this car's biggest problem is it's cooling system when the engine is properly maintained with 3000 mile full synthetic oil changes as I did. I've been thru 2 water outlets! a radiator, a coolant reservoir, 2 thermostats, and 2 thermostat housings. Then the car's water pump, which is at the center of the engine, goes bad causing the car to overheat and blow part of the head gasket. On top of that, the car is now tapping. Tapping, waterpump, and gasket fix will cost the same as getting a new engine. I'm getting a new car!

Good big cheap car
By herogeorge on 06/13/13 16:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car was inexpensive when I bought it, comfortable, and roomy. Bought my 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE with ~15K miles on it and ran it 8 years until it had ~125K miles. Reasonable maintenance costs up through ~100K miles, then the bills started to pile up (transmission, water pump, etc.). Depreciation reduced the car's value to less than the cost of replacing the head when it broke, so I sold it. Not a great car, but Overall, I was reasonably happy with my purchase. However, I would be wary of one that has over 100K miles.

Worst Car Ever
By deedee56 on 08/19/11 11:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you read what people say then you need to help us with a solution. These cars are the worst ever and they all should be recalled and owners given a reliable car. Right now I am ready to file a lawsuit against Dodge. I think if they stand behind their vehicles then if they don't want a bad name should admit this is the worse car they ever made. You name it I replaced it.

Drives Great
By b4202i on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car about six month ago. Replaced brakes, very easy due to four disc brakes instead of rear drums. Having to change tires. It is super clean under the hood. Bought at 112K, have 122K on it now. Haven't changed oil in 4K and it is still super clean

Awesome Vehicle
By booter on 06/24/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle at 82,000. Had a problem with the water pump. Worst place to put a water pump right in the middle of the engine. That cost about a grand if you do it yourself. right now i am pushing 110,000 and haven't had any problems. I straight piped my car and put on a performance air filter. Because of those little adjustment to my car i get about 30 to 32 on the highway. Overall it is a wonderful car and hope that it last until 250,000.

Big mistake, never again
By not happy on 06/20/10 21:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is barely over 100,000 miles, and I keep hearing once the intrepid gets too a 100,000 miles the car is done with, unless you want to keep putting more money into it. Recently had to replace the engine on it. Still not working right, its hot outside and cant even run the a/c without the car dying. Brakes are horrible, and the heater core has been replaced at least 3 times. I would never ever recommend a dodge intrepid to anyone. I wish i would have never bought this car. With all the problems these stupid cars are giving everyone, Dodge should give everyone thier money back, or give us a better reliable car. If your thinking about buying this car, DON'T you will regret it

Bad choice/ waste of money
By Southern32 on 01/25/10 11:37 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile thinking I was getting my money worth, bad choice. I have spent much more $$ then its worth, problem after problem; this car is always in and out of the shop. I wish I had just purchased and old car for cash. The transmission goes into 1st gear causing me to pull over, shut the car off and then re-starting it, nothing but a hassle. So ready to get raid of it.

Many miles and more to go
By KLL on 10/13/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 5 years and have put over 190,000 miles on it, i have done just routine maintenance and replaced the tires. I have been extremly happy with this car and hope it lasts me past the 250 mile mark.

I love my Intrepid
By David Washburn on 04/30/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. I got it with 82000 miles on it it just hit 90000 miles 2 days ago. I have yet had to do any major repairs that it actually has needed other then usually stuff. I love the comfort of the seats and how roomie the inside is. I really have no complaints of this car. I'm fixing to deploy and whenever I get back I am going to throw some money into it to kinda make it my show car.

do NOT buy this car.
By drhr on 04/07/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car was horrible from day one. A week after I brought it home the check engine light came on, and it would only start when it wanted to. I went to get it fixed, and it stopped doing it and ran perfectly fine for a year and a half. Then the battery died, the breaks went out, and the transmission started going out. Currently the car is in my driveway, unused because the transmission locked up the engine and the drive trane is disconnected from the drivers side. I will NEVER buy another dodge again. Its been terrible from day one.