2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Police Intrepid
By renrut on 06/19/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car a couple years ago at 139K from a state police auction. It was an unmarked car. Since then, I have racked up 51K miles and now have 190K on it, only having to replace tires, battery and brakes. Fun to drive.The 3.5 L Hi-output V6 is awesome! Edmunds and KBB need to include the police version on their sites as style choices.

04 intrepid sxt 3.5L HO engine
By dennis williams on 10/10/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car late in 04 when they were phasing it out. car is great on road trips and plenty of power w/ the 250 horse 3.5L. religiously change oil every 3000 miles and obey all scheduled maintenance. had a cam shaft sensor go out 2 yrs ago; covered under warranty. had a recall last month for the crankshaft sensor; once again it was free. bought new tires last week after 63000 on the original goodyears.

2004 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 LTR EXT
By Mark on 11/17/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

68,000 miles had to replace the crankshaft position sensor, 3 cam sensors, 3 batteries. Car would die and not restart. Would wait for awhile and then it would start. Found that the coupling where the positive battery cable met up at the jumper post above the air intake filter box had become corroded. This was causing the battery and cables to overheat. Flickering lights and total shutdown of the engine ensued. Cleaned the corrosion and replaced battery cable. Car runs like new.

For a used car, it's a great value for money
By T Abraham on 11/08/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for a few months now. I've had to change the brake pads and some transmission components. Bought it for $6500. Have spent about $1500 since, but the car has been very very reliable since and has been great on long 17 - 20 hour drives. Plenty of storage. Great for families. Taut driving and handling. Plenty of power. Great car.

Bad ass SXT
By T-REX56 on 01/03/05 01:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 97' Intrepid sport, loved it! So I bought a new one. The car gives you all you would expect in a Intrepid.The 3.5 litre 250 ponies is a real treat.

Love My Intrepid
By D Bascone on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the feel of the spaciousness of a minivan, but the comfort and ease of a sedan, I would recommend this car. Large trunk space. Convenient access to all controls for the driver. Rear seat comfort controlls for heat and airconditioning an extra bonus. Love the styling of the exterior of the car. My model has a sun roof which I highly recommend. Good gas mileage.

The Best Sedan Ever Made
By Papa_sword on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased a Dodge Intrepid for 4 yrs. and just purchased a new one. This car is the roomiest car I have ever been in and is great for road trips. My only complaint about the Intrepid I leased was that the back seats didn't fold down. I just purchased an SXT model and they have added that feature. I personally cannot say enough good things about this car. It has tons of leg room in the back, an enormous trunk, and a huge sunroof. It gets good gas mileage, has a powerful 250 hp engine(I've squealed the tires more than once), and looks really cool driving down the road! I'm not one to fall in love with a car, but when I saw Intrepid's mischievous "joker

Great car to drive!!!!
By NikkiT on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car for almost a year, it's been great fun! No problems whatsoever, I have had it dealer maintained from the beginning. It is a great speed demon car, and the spoiler and rims make it look fabulous! I really like the car.

Love my Intrepid
By Tyran on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Handles and corners beautifully. 3.5 6 cylinder delivers great acceleration and performance. Mine has a spoiler which I think further enhances the body design. If I were able to change one thing it would be the inferior interior, should have more color options except the dull grey. I'm not a leather fan.

Great so far
By eddiej on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Dodge. So far I'm not disappointed. It rides great, handles great, and has plenty of power when you need it. You wouldn't think it's as large as it is. I've had it less then a week, so reliability remains to be seen. But if this Intrepid holds up as well as my '98 Avenger and '89 Daytona did, I won't regret this vehicle purchase for a minute.