Used 2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Most Helpful|
Nice looking and roomy
By brendan

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought it used because she liked the loook of the outside and we really had to buy something that day. The price was right but the car stinks. It is a nice looking car and it is roomy. We have had the car in the shop at least once a month and we always think that it is the trans but it turns out to be something else. The car was not worth the stress and inconvience. i will never own another dodge, this is my third and it is the same story, cheap and ineefective.

Favorite Features

It is great on gas when it is running.

Suggested Improvements

Dump Mopar and get Chevy parts. Look up Dodge in the dictionary and it says "to stay away"

Best car owned
By proudowner1

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When GM discontinued their oldsmobile line (which i owned all cutlass models) i decided to purchased my 2003 Intrepid SXT. I wanted a car to carry my friends and for camping. I was suprised that my car, the the back seat down, held more than a honda crv. It presently has almost 115,000 and just did the regular maintainence recomendations. I was suprised on the open road I have gotten approx 27 mpg with the air on. Hopefully they will bring back the production of the intrepid as they have with other models. I would purchase another if they do.

12 years old, 186K miles and still running like new
By Jason Foster

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2003, this car never let me down or left me stranded. Replaced generator at 121K (2011), front-left wheel bearing hub in 2015 (180K), total cost for both repairs $300 (self-replaced). Original exhaust system still solid. Replaced front pads and rotors at 120K, rear at 140K. Gone thru two batteries as well. A good, simple, cheap car.

Favorite Features

The trunk is huge, next best thing to having a hatch back. Very quiet car on the highway, whispers along.

"THE INTREPID"
By will intrepid

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Intrepid just last year and it's been a great car, matter of fact the best four-door sedan I have ever driven or bought even so it gives me some difficulties like I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 91,000 some odd miles but does get me from point A to point B when I need it to.

Favorite Features

The 3.5 liter High Output V-6 with dual exhaust 60-seris flowmaster and two 2 1/2 inch tips.

Suggested Improvements

Needs TLC all the time!

Not too shabby
By LAmx

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The style, power, comfort, power and power were outstanding. Did I mention the power? Having driven a smaller V6 without punch, this is a dream come true without it having an 8. (Hey Dodge, this would be a great choice to drop a hemi in!). Stealing from Deniro in Analyze That ... you could but three bodies in that trunk! The only complaints I have are 1) the cup holders are too small and 2) the CD player should have repeat.

Favorite Features

Well, of course the power, but also the sunroof and overall design of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Hemi for limited edition models (or Viper) Larger cup holders (east coast commuters driving an hour need large cups of coffee).