Used 2003 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Fantastic
By Dog

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove about 12 used cars, and then stumbled into the SXT, which I had not even considered when I started looking. After I drove it once, I was sold. Car is all around fantastic. Power is great and handling is superior for this size of car. Braking is superb. Styling of exterior and interior are both acceptable.

Favorite Features

Power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

None worth mentioning. No car is going to be perfect for everyone. This car is as good as it gets for the price.

Let down
By mammadee

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used. The car design is pretty, but beauty isn't what one needs to get back and forth to work. The car has been reliable, however it has no get up and go. It is sad when a piece of junk can get up to speed before you can. I must admit I am growing really tired of people honking for me to move faster. This car doesn't hold value either. I am so upside down that I can't get out of the car. The fuel usage is poor compared to my past experiences with other vehicles. I personally believe that all Dodge Intrepids are over priced. I wish that I had done my homework before making the purchase. Lesson learned.

Favorite Features

Don't have any.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine performance and mileage consumption. For as much as the car cost, I would suggest adding more features. Directional globe and exterior and interior temp gauge.

Great Car
By Pink

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am really impressed with the overall vehicle. Comfort,power,roominess and so far no problems at all. The dealership has been great and I am proud to be a Dodge Owner. Needs more advertisement. In my opinon Dodge does not promote this vehicle. It is far superior to its competition.

Favorite Features

Power,appearance,color(Inferno Red) I have had a lot of compliments on looks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs refinement. Not as luxurious as some of it competition. Should have an optional wood grain dash.

Not too shabby
By LAmx

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The style, power, comfort, power and power were outstanding. Did I mention the power? Having driven a smaller V6 without punch, this is a dream come true without it having an 8. (Hey Dodge, this would be a great choice to drop a hemi in!). Stealing from Deniro in Analyze That ... you could but three bodies in that trunk! The only complaints I have are 1) the cup holders are too small and 2) the CD player should have repeat.

Favorite Features

Well, of course the power, but also the sunroof and overall design of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Hemi for limited edition models (or Viper) Larger cup holders (east coast commuters driving an hour need large cups of coffee).

love the car
By broussardla

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second intrepid. I had a 96 intrepid with a 3.5 engine and never had no problems with it. i traded it on a 2003 se with a 2.7 I like the body style of the 2003 drives better than the 96 model the price of the progam car was great

Favorite Features

handling and performace interior room body style