Used 2003 Dodge Intrepid SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

12 years old, 186K miles and still running like new
By Jason Foster

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2003, this car never let me down or left me stranded. Replaced generator at 121K (2011), front-left wheel bearing hub in 2015 (180K), total cost for both repairs $300 (self-replaced). Original exhaust system still solid. Replaced front pads and rotors at 120K, rear at 140K. Gone thru two batteries as well. A good, simple, cheap car.

Favorite Features

The trunk is huge, next best thing to having a hatch back. Very quiet car on the highway, whispers along.

LOVE DODGES!
By becca1984

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my 2nd Dodge Intrepid. They are very dependable cars,as long as they're taken care of. My 1st Intrepid was a 2000. Owned it 3 years and only replaced a tire rod and the power steering pump(previous owner neglected it). I accumulated alot of miles on that car. When I let it go it had 215,000 miles and still going strong. My current intrepid is a 2003. Sitting at 146,000. Excellent car. I change my oil every 5,000 miles. 4qts of synthetic blend oil and 1 qt of Lucas engine treatment. These cars are CHAMPS as long as they're taken care of!

Favorite Features

Very roomy.Good on gas on the highway. Sleek design.

Suggested Improvements

Water pumps and power steering seems to be issues in these cars. My only issue. Not terribly expensive to fix but could be improved!

These cars can go a long way
By David E

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for my daughter with 177000 miles. These miles were accumulated mostly be a salesman in rural Oklahoma. Shortly after we purchased it, we had to replace the alternator. I have replaced one of the mirrors where my daughter backed into a pole at Sonic. All new drivers should have cars with black mirrors so they don't have to go to the body shop for mirror replacement. Car has a huge back seat. My daughter complains about lack of power merging onto the interstate. If we get anywhere near the Edmund's private party price for this car, it will have exceeded our expectations for value. Presently has 193,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Was pretty dang cheap with 177,000 miles. Big car with decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of power. Wish it would sell like a Toyota with the same miles.

Never Again
By pepsi512

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Stay Away, I will never own Dodge again. within 1 month of owning, blown head gasget, blown pressure relief valve, Replaced. Then engine lght stays on..no power uphills, sludge build up in engine (oil changed correclty) Misses, overheats. Can't see when backing up vision field limited. I would highly recommend if you are thinking of buying an intrepid research not only this year but many others have severe engine trouble. I can't wait to trade it in if I can ever get it to run long enough to trade in! Value drops.

Favorite Features

Color, roomy

Suggested Improvements

Engine replacement, Bigger radiator for cooling system, larger back side windows

Nice looking and roomy
By brendan

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought it used because she liked the loook of the outside and we really had to buy something that day. The price was right but the car stinks. It is a nice looking car and it is roomy. We have had the car in the shop at least once a month and we always think that it is the trans but it turns out to be something else. The car was not worth the stress and inconvience. i will never own another dodge, this is my third and it is the same story, cheap and ineefective.

Favorite Features

It is great on gas when it is running.

Suggested Improvements

Dump Mopar and get Chevy parts. Look up Dodge in the dictionary and it says "to stay away"