Used 2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Best car owned
By proudowner1

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When GM discontinued their oldsmobile line (which i owned all cutlass models) i decided to purchased my 2003 Intrepid SXT. I wanted a car to carry my friends and for camping. I was suprised that my car, the the back seat down, held more than a honda crv. It presently has almost 115,000 and just did the regular maintainence recomendations. I was suprised on the open road I have gotten approx 27 mpg with the air on. Hopefully they will bring back the production of the intrepid as they have with other models. I would purchase another if they do.

Wish I could clone this one!!
By intrepidlover

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Intrepid. I bought my 2003 SXT brand new over 8 years ago. I currently have 259000 miles on it. Only 1 tune up done at 115000 miles, oil changed every 6000 miles. Mostly regular maintenance was all it needed until about 200000 miles. With age and mileage things wear out, radiator, water pump, ac compressor and condensor. But engine and transmission still strong. Looks, runs and sounds almost like new. I hear people a lot saying all Intrepids have serious engine or transmission problems and they don't last. I think most of their problems were probably lack of proper care and maintenance. Best car in the U.S. Wish they were still made, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Power, dependability, comfort, style (inside and out), roominess.

Suggested Improvements

Bring em Back!!!!

"THE INTREPID"
By will intrepid

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Intrepid just last year and it's been a great car, matter of fact the best four-door sedan I have ever driven or bought even so it gives me some difficulties like I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 91,000 some odd miles but does get me from point A to point B when I need it to.

Favorite Features

The 3.5 liter High Output V-6 with dual exhaust 60-seris flowmaster and two 2 1/2 inch tips.

Suggested Improvements

Needs TLC all the time!

Fantastic
By Dog

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove about 12 used cars, and then stumbled into the SXT, which I had not even considered when I started looking. After I drove it once, I was sold. Car is all around fantastic. Power is great and handling is superior for this size of car. Braking is superb. Styling of exterior and interior are both acceptable.

Favorite Features

Power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

None worth mentioning. No car is going to be perfect for everyone. This car is as good as it gets for the price.

Great Car
By Pink

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am really impressed with the overall vehicle. Comfort,power,roominess and so far no problems at all. The dealership has been great and I am proud to be a Dodge Owner. Needs more advertisement. In my opinon Dodge does not promote this vehicle. It is far superior to its competition.

Favorite Features

Power,appearance,color(Inferno Red) I have had a lot of compliments on looks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs refinement. Not as luxurious as some of it competition. Should have an optional wood grain dash.