Used 2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

12 years old, 186K miles and still running like new
By Jason Foster

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2003, this car never let me down or left me stranded. Replaced generator at 121K (2011), front-left wheel bearing hub in 2015 (180K), total cost for both repairs $300 (self-replaced). Original exhaust system still solid. Replaced front pads and rotors at 120K, rear at 140K. Gone thru two batteries as well. A good, simple, cheap car.

Favorite Features

The trunk is huge, next best thing to having a hatch back. Very quiet car on the highway, whispers along.

LOVE DODGES!
By becca1984

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my 2nd Dodge Intrepid. They are very dependable cars,as long as they're taken care of. My 1st Intrepid was a 2000. Owned it 3 years and only replaced a tire rod and the power steering pump(previous owner neglected it). I accumulated alot of miles on that car. When I let it go it had 215,000 miles and still going strong. My current intrepid is a 2003. Sitting at 146,000. Excellent car. I change my oil every 5,000 miles. 4qts of synthetic blend oil and 1 qt of Lucas engine treatment. These cars are CHAMPS as long as they're taken care of!

Favorite Features

Very roomy.Good on gas on the highway. Sleek design.

Suggested Improvements

Water pumps and power steering seems to be issues in these cars. My only issue. Not terribly expensive to fix but could be improved!

Best car owned
By proudowner1

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When GM discontinued their oldsmobile line (which i owned all cutlass models) i decided to purchased my 2003 Intrepid SXT. I wanted a car to carry my friends and for camping. I was suprised that my car, the the back seat down, held more than a honda crv. It presently has almost 115,000 and just did the regular maintainence recomendations. I was suprised on the open road I have gotten approx 27 mpg with the air on. Hopefully they will bring back the production of the intrepid as they have with other models. I would purchase another if they do.

Wish I could clone this one!!
By intrepidlover

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Intrepid. I bought my 2003 SXT brand new over 8 years ago. I currently have 259000 miles on it. Only 1 tune up done at 115000 miles, oil changed every 6000 miles. Mostly regular maintenance was all it needed until about 200000 miles. With age and mileage things wear out, radiator, water pump, ac compressor and condensor. But engine and transmission still strong. Looks, runs and sounds almost like new. I hear people a lot saying all Intrepids have serious engine or transmission problems and they don't last. I think most of their problems were probably lack of proper care and maintenance. Best car in the U.S. Wish they were still made, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

Power, dependability, comfort, style (inside and out), roominess.

Suggested Improvements

Bring em Back!!!!

These cars can go a long way
By David E

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for my daughter with 177000 miles. These miles were accumulated mostly be a salesman in rural Oklahoma. Shortly after we purchased it, we had to replace the alternator. I have replaced one of the mirrors where my daughter backed into a pole at Sonic. All new drivers should have cars with black mirrors so they don't have to go to the body shop for mirror replacement. Car has a huge back seat. My daughter complains about lack of power merging onto the interstate. If we get anywhere near the Edmund's private party price for this car, it will have exceeded our expectations for value. Presently has 193,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Was pretty dang cheap with 177,000 miles. Big car with decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of power. Wish it would sell like a Toyota with the same miles.