2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
LOVE DODGES!
By becca1984 on 08/27/14 10:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my 2nd Dodge Intrepid. They are very dependable cars,as long as they're taken care of. My 1st Intrepid was a 2000. Owned it 3 years and only replaced a tire rod and the power steering pump(previous owner neglected it). I accumulated alot of miles on that car. When I let it go it had 215,000 miles and still going strong. My current intrepid is a 2003. Sitting at 146,000. Excellent car. I change my oil every 5,000 miles. 4qts of synthetic blend oil and 1 qt of Lucas engine treatment. These cars are CHAMPS as long as they're taken care of!

Best car owned
By proudowner1 on 05/06/12 05:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When GM discontinued their oldsmobile line (which i owned all cutlass models) i decided to purchased my 2003 Intrepid SXT. I wanted a car to carry my friends and for camping. I was suprised that my car, the the back seat down, held more than a honda crv. It presently has almost 115,000 and just did the regular maintainence recomendations. I was suprised on the open road I have gotten approx 27 mpg with the air on. Hopefully they will bring back the production of the intrepid as they have with other models. I would purchase another if they do.

Wish I could clone this one!!
By intrepidlover on 04/28/12 22:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Intrepid. I bought my 2003 SXT brand new over 8 years ago. I currently have 259000 miles on it. Only 1 tune up done at 115000 miles, oil changed every 6000 miles. Mostly regular maintenance was all it needed until about 200000 miles. With age and mileage things wear out, radiator, water pump, ac compressor and condensor. But engine and transmission still strong. Looks, runs and sounds almost like new. I hear people a lot saying all Intrepids have serious engine or transmission problems and they don't last. I think most of their problems were probably lack of proper care and maintenance. Best car in the U.S. Wish they were still made, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

These cars can go a long way
By David E on 12/16/09 09:36 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for my daughter with 177000 miles. These miles were accumulated mostly be a salesman in rural Oklahoma. Shortly after we purchased it, we had to replace the alternator. I have replaced one of the mirrors where my daughter backed into a pole at Sonic. All new drivers should have cars with black mirrors so they don't have to go to the body shop for mirror replacement. Car has a huge back seat. My daughter complains about lack of power merging onto the interstate. If we get anywhere near the Edmund's private party price for this car, it will have exceeded our expectations for value. Presently has 193,000 miles.

Never Again
By pepsi512 on 02/08/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Stay Away, I will never own Dodge again. within 1 month of owning, blown head gasget, blown pressure relief valve, Replaced. Then engine lght stays on..no power uphills, sludge build up in engine (oil changed correclty) Misses, overheats. Can't see when backing up vision field limited. I would highly recommend if you are thinking of buying an intrepid research not only this year but many others have severe engine trouble. I can't wait to trade it in if I can ever get it to run long enough to trade in! Value drops.

Nice looking and roomy
By brendan on 01/08/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought it used because she liked the loook of the outside and we really had to buy something that day. The price was right but the car stinks. It is a nice looking car and it is roomy. We have had the car in the shop at least once a month and we always think that it is the trans but it turns out to be something else. The car was not worth the stress and inconvience. i will never own another dodge, this is my third and it is the same story, cheap and ineefective.

Liked it, lost it
By Dodgey person on 09/03/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 23k on the clock, great car, never let me down once. Had to swap some brake rotors out as they warped a couple of times. Bought the 2.7 that has a timing chain instead of a belt, never missed a beat. Someone pulled out in front of me and now I have to find another one! Aaarghh! Anyway, car was roomy, fun and very dependable. If I can find a decent one equal to my insurance check, I'll snag it, but they are a dying breed. Highly recommend this car, good value for money I think.

enjoy but be aware of potential prblems
By ray on 08/18/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for over 4 years and have put on 85,000 miles. The engine is quiet & without problems primarily because I have used mobil 1 since new. The 2.7 engine has a history of sludging and failing by 100k (many times earlier) if you do normal oil changes with regular oil. I.e., the oil cooks in the engine. However, if you can find a low mileage version (2.7 L) or one with 3.5 L engine, you should be okay AS LONG AS YOU USE MOBIL ONE. (if you don't believe me ask any mechanic with real experience with the 2.7 L engine. YOU SHOULD BE REALLY SUSPCIOUS OF A HIGH ENGINE 2.7 L (definitely have mechanic check one of these).

"THE INTREPID"
By will intrepid on 05/07/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Intrepid just last year and it's been a great car, matter of fact the best four-door sedan I have ever driven or bought even so it gives me some difficulties like I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 91,000 some odd miles but does get me from point A to point B when I need it to.

Fantastic
By Dog on 08/16/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove about 12 used cars, and then stumbled into the SXT, which I had not even considered when I started looking. After I drove it once, I was sold. Car is all around fantastic. Power is great and handling is superior for this size of car. Braking is superb. Styling of exterior and interior are both acceptable.