2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Best car owned
By proudowner1 on 05/06/12 05:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When GM discontinued their oldsmobile line (which i owned all cutlass models) i decided to purchased my 2003 Intrepid SXT. I wanted a car to carry my friends and for camping. I was suprised that my car, the the back seat down, held more than a honda crv. It presently has almost 115,000 and just did the regular maintainence recomendations. I was suprised on the open road I have gotten approx 27 mpg with the air on. Hopefully they will bring back the production of the intrepid as they have with other models. I would purchase another if they do.

Wish I could clone this one!!
By intrepidlover on 04/28/12 22:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Intrepid. I bought my 2003 SXT brand new over 8 years ago. I currently have 259000 miles on it. Only 1 tune up done at 115000 miles, oil changed every 6000 miles. Mostly regular maintenance was all it needed until about 200000 miles. With age and mileage things wear out, radiator, water pump, ac compressor and condensor. But engine and transmission still strong. Looks, runs and sounds almost like new. I hear people a lot saying all Intrepids have serious engine or transmission problems and they don't last. I think most of their problems were probably lack of proper care and maintenance. Best car in the U.S. Wish they were still made, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

"THE INTREPID"
By will intrepid on 05/07/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Dodge Intrepid just last year and it's been a great car, matter of fact the best four-door sedan I have ever driven or bought even so it gives me some difficulties like I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 91,000 some odd miles but does get me from point A to point B when I need it to.

Fantastic
By Dog on 08/16/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove about 12 used cars, and then stumbled into the SXT, which I had not even considered when I started looking. After I drove it once, I was sold. Car is all around fantastic. Power is great and handling is superior for this size of car. Braking is superb. Styling of exterior and interior are both acceptable.

Great Car
By Pink on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am really impressed with the overall vehicle. Comfort,power,roominess and so far no problems at all. The dealership has been great and I am proud to be a Dodge Owner. Needs more advertisement. In my opinon Dodge does not promote this vehicle. It is far superior to its competition.

Not too shabby
By LAmx on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The style, power, comfort, power and power were outstanding. Did I mention the power? Having driven a smaller V6 without punch, this is a dream come true without it having an 8. (Hey Dodge, this would be a great choice to drop a hemi in!). Stealing from Deniro in Analyze That ... you could but three bodies in that trunk! The only complaints I have are 1) the cup holders are too small and 2) the CD player should have repeat.

dodge intrepid
By georgeh. on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

great car - plenty of room for four adults and then some - smooth ride-handles easy - good on gas (19/24) - maintenance has been routine and minimal - good old fashion big detroit car with style and all the extras - even my teenagers love to drive it. i'm a sales mgr. and on the road all day , many over night trips and the car is comfortable and performs well

Mixed Feelings
By VBop on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this car. . . when I can. It's roomy and a great drive. I liked it much better than the competing Bonneville. Looks great and can't say enough about the power. However, 3 days after buying, power steering fluid had all drained away. Fixed under warranty. Also within 1st 5 months: 1) A/C condenser & compressor replaced. 2) Power train computer replaced 3) Transmission pump replaced. Approx. 12 days in the shop. All covered by warranty but what a pain!

love mine!
By kf on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my Intrepid for 5 months so I can't give much info regarding the reliability yet...only that so far it's been great! Love the ride...a bit of road noise on the highway, but not horrible. Love the spaciousness of the interior, and also of the trunk. Don't miss my Durango.

Dodge Intrepid SXT
By craziejb7997 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the SXT version because of the power. 250 HP, it has great excelleration and handles very well for the size of the car. There is a lot of interior room and a whole lot of features for the price. Braking is also very good with the 4 wheel disc brakes. All around I think that it is the best large sports sedan for the price.