2003 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
These cars can go a long way
By David E on 12/16/09 09:36 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for my daughter with 177000 miles. These miles were accumulated mostly be a salesman in rural Oklahoma. Shortly after we purchased it, we had to replace the alternator. I have replaced one of the mirrors where my daughter backed into a pole at Sonic. All new drivers should have cars with black mirrors so they don't have to go to the body shop for mirror replacement. Car has a huge back seat. My daughter complains about lack of power merging onto the interstate. If we get anywhere near the Edmund's private party price for this car, it will have exceeded our expectations for value. Presently has 193,000 miles.

Never Again
By pepsi512 on 02/08/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Stay Away, I will never own Dodge again. within 1 month of owning, blown head gasget, blown pressure relief valve, Replaced. Then engine lght stays on..no power uphills, sludge build up in engine (oil changed correclty) Misses, overheats. Can't see when backing up vision field limited. I would highly recommend if you are thinking of buying an intrepid research not only this year but many others have severe engine trouble. I can't wait to trade it in if I can ever get it to run long enough to trade in! Value drops.

Nice looking and roomy
By brendan on 01/08/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought it used because she liked the loook of the outside and we really had to buy something that day. The price was right but the car stinks. It is a nice looking car and it is roomy. We have had the car in the shop at least once a month and we always think that it is the trans but it turns out to be something else. The car was not worth the stress and inconvience. i will never own another dodge, this is my third and it is the same story, cheap and ineefective.

Liked it, lost it
By Dodgey person on 09/03/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 23k on the clock, great car, never let me down once. Had to swap some brake rotors out as they warped a couple of times. Bought the 2.7 that has a timing chain instead of a belt, never missed a beat. Someone pulled out in front of me and now I have to find another one! Aaarghh! Anyway, car was roomy, fun and very dependable. If I can find a decent one equal to my insurance check, I'll snag it, but they are a dying breed. Highly recommend this car, good value for money I think.

enjoy but be aware of potential prblems
By ray on 08/18/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for over 4 years and have put on 85,000 miles. The engine is quiet & without problems primarily because I have used mobil 1 since new. The 2.7 engine has a history of sludging and failing by 100k (many times earlier) if you do normal oil changes with regular oil. I.e., the oil cooks in the engine. However, if you can find a low mileage version (2.7 L) or one with 3.5 L engine, you should be okay AS LONG AS YOU USE MOBIL ONE. (if you don't believe me ask any mechanic with real experience with the 2.7 L engine. YOU SHOULD BE REALLY SUSPCIOUS OF A HIGH ENGINE 2.7 L (definitely have mechanic check one of these).

Let down
By mammadee on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used. The car design is pretty, but beauty isn't what one needs to get back and forth to work. The car has been reliable, however it has no get up and go. It is sad when a piece of junk can get up to speed before you can. I must admit I am growing really tired of people honking for me to move faster. This car doesn't hold value either. I am so upside down that I can't get out of the car. The fuel usage is poor compared to my past experiences with other vehicles. I personally believe that all Dodge Intrepids are over priced. I wish that I had done my homework before making the purchase. Lesson learned.

love the car
By broussardla on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second intrepid. I had a 96 intrepid with a 3.5 engine and never had no problems with it. i traded it on a 2003 se with a 2.7 I like the body style of the 2003 drives better than the 96 model the price of the progam car was great

Excellant Auto
By Intrepid Owner on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Not my first Chrysler product-3rd cab forward design. All have been excellant family cars. I drive long trips and need a car that is dependable, pleasant to drive, has good fuel economy, and can carry a reasonably heavy load.

mamas car
By jgordon on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

outstanding car love the way it handles corners and the way it travels long distance

DODGE INTREPID LOYALIST
By Robert Jackson on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now leased my second Dodge Intrepid since late 1999. I was very pleased with the 2000 model, so I decided to lease a 2003 model which now the base model is the SE unlike 2000.