Solid, Often Overlooked Car
By strangelove on
2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
When I began looking for a new (used) car, I didn't even think about Dodge or Chrysler vehicles. My focus was mainly on Accords, Camrys and other Japanese makes. But I promised myself I would leave no stone unturned, so at the very last minute I turned my attention to a silver Intrepid ES at a local Dodge dealership. I'm glad I did. It proved to be the absolute best mix of the things I was looking for: great styling, strong performance, tons of room, tight suspension, extremely affordable price (used w/ 25k miles) and low insurance costs. I'd recommend these cars to anyone with a clean conscience.
Favorite Features
Slick black leather interior, broad power band, no squeaks/rattles, sleek exterior design (I get compliments often), dated-but-good ergonomics, tons and tons of room, the girlfriend loves it, and it's just plain fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
brakes less resistant to fade, better power windows, increased rearward visibility, better stock stereo, A/C could be colder at low RPM's (I live in Phoenix where it's routinely 110+)