2002 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
I love My Intrepid
By Dodge Fan on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Intrepid a couple of weeks ago and I just love it. It is fun to drive. It is very big and roomy. Very comfortable too.

great buy
By Dodgeman345 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

ive always been a dodge fan, and this car is no exception to the rule. its VERY reliable, roomy, and just an all- around great car.

My 2002 Dodge Intrepid
By Rich L on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 28k miles. I get about 34 MPG on long trips and about 19 MPG in city with lots of lights w/2.7 liter/auto.and Amsoil. Windows stick and had a weak motor. Front end is stiff and has road noise. Drivers seat cover had to be restretched twice and same electric mechanism makes grinding noise. You cannot see the front clearance of the hood in front of you and there are huge blind spots.

Intrepid ESs with leather are the best!
By Gladys Fir on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Intrepid ES with leather and 4-disc- in-dash cd changer and moonroof has plenty of comfort and room.

Dodge Intrepid Safe and rugged
By T Speicher on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Crash integrity is excellent. Front end crash at 50mph resulted in very little damage to vehicle. A second crash of a direct side impact crumpled the front end and engine compartment made the car unrepairable. The only injuries received was a brused knee and sprained ankle on my wife. This was a 1996 Intrepid I know own a 1999 and a brand new 2002.

Love it
By eeel on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks, ride, performance and handling. For the money, can't be beat

I love this car
By Lax on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first Intrepid SE with all the xtras and I love it!! It is fun to drive, roomy. Gas mileage could be a little bit better. The car is extremely comfortable, very easy to handle. Rear visibility and car length makes parking difficult -- but easy to get over considering that this car is so great. I am happy I bought this car!!

An older one
By Ed1999 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is to give you some idea of living with one of these for awhile. This has been a very comfortable car, with great features and good looks. Handles well, looks sporty for a sedan and has plenty of room. Problems have been two: 1. Transmission speed sensor went out at 33,000 miles, had to be towed to dealer. Warranty covered it. 2. AC compressor went out at 42,000 miles, Warranty expired.

No Cruise control and poor interior
By Gunda on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got Dodge Intrepid SE as a company car. I was surprised to learn that SE model does not have a cruise control. Even the very first car I bought 1984 Chevy citation had a cruise control. Indoor passenger side over head handle gave away when I took one of my customers for lunch. I could not believe that this car has such poor engineering indoors. There is a loss of power when I put car in reverse to pull out of a parking spot. Overall with my two months of driving this car daily, I am disappointed. Next time, I would not have this as my company car.

nice car
By Samanosuke on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

awsome