2002 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
7 times in the shop
By bramor on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'd highly recommend looking elsewhere for a vehicle which is more reliable and build well than this Dodge Intrepid. The styling is great but I guess I got what I paid for. Within the first year of ownership this car was back to the dealer for repairs 6 times. 3 oxygen sensors, 1 master cylinder, 1 brake booster, 1 thermostat and a partridge in a pear tree. Just recently I had to replace the rotors and brake pads due to major vibrations in the steering wheel when braking at high speeds. After 28,500 miles(mostly on the highway) I ready to sell this piece.

I love it!!!
By Smitty on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I relly enjoyed my Intrepid. It handled well and had a lot of interior space. Had lots of problems with the windows not working. I had to get the motors changed on all 4 doors and a couple of them twice. Other than that really no problems. It rides smooth and handles well. My Intrepid was totaled in a wreck (by a Camry). My wife was well protected when this car ran the light and hit her just in front of the drivers side front tire. It passed a great crash test.

I love it!!!
By smitty on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Renewed Confidence
By FR8TRAIN on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I puchased this vehicle with 25,000 miles on the odo as a previous rental. The 3.5l engine is a delight to drive with plenty of torque on hand without unnecessary downshifting. The car handles much better than it's size would imply and out on the highway it's a cruising machine! The body feels very solid with no perceived twist or flex. No squeeks or rattles. I average between 21 and 24 mpg in mixed rural driving and fully expect I could get 26+ mpg on the open road. Leather seats nicer than I expected. Love the automatic climate control.

Great car to drive
By robb_1 on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and now have 25k miles and no problems. The car rides great and very comfortable on long trips. A great engine(3.5L) for a mid size car. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. I think I have to buy one for my wife, she loves to drive it!

Great Family Car
By 4boltmain on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been an excellent vehicle for my family of 4. I average 24 mi/gal, and find the 200hp 2.7L 6cyl has plenty of pep. I've had it on 2 long road trips, and can't say enough good things about that endless cavern of a trunk, which swallows all our luggage and kid debris with the greatest of ease. The stereo sounds great, the looks are great, and the interior is laid out well. I highly recommend the Intrepid.

Great Car/Poor Resale Value
By Mikes_1 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car to drive. I've had no problems at all, however I was shocked when I checked its retail value one year after purchase. These cars drop in value like a rock. If their insurance policy pays retail value on accidental replacement, a buyer of a new Intrepid would need some type of gap insurance.

Simply Beautiful
By Steve Peters on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2002 ES Intrepid with 20,000 already on it; it was in a rental fleet prior to purchase. I have always wanted one of these cars since the new design came out, and now I own one. Being newly divorced I wanted something sexy and I feel this is the Car for us in our forties "hey any ladies" The car has not given me one problem yet it is very sound and well constructed, no rattles even after being a rental. I believe Chrysler listened to their customers on this one. I am a Quality Engineer in aircraft manufacture for planes that cost millions, and the attention to detail for the cost of this car is right on the mark.

Disappointed
By mom in GA on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '02 Intrepid SXT 5 months ago and it has been in the shop four times with the engine light coming on and the speakers not working. I was told that the gas cap has to be replaced firmly and clicked 3 times or the engine light will come on. My problem keeps returning even though I perform the necessary requirments for replacing the gas cap. When I start the engine, the radio may or may not work. If it gives me static, I have to turn off the engine and restart for it to work. The car rides very low to the ground, so dont straddle the road kill.

Perfect!
By Mike2 on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 19000 trouble free miles,its still perfect! No warranty or other repairs and the 100,000 mile warranty is a comfort. Its a great car, good on gas, great looks, comfortable as hell. After several Bad experiences with Taurus and Ford in the past, I bought this because of the warranty and was pleasantly surprised by how great the car turned out as a nice vehicle.