2002 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Exceptional Family Car
By meredetrois on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Intrepid new in 10/01 with 5 miles on the odometer. Now, 2+ years and 32,000 miles later, I can't say enough good things about it. The 2.7L six does everything I ask of it, returns 24 mpg in small town driving, and between 28-30 mpg on the highway (depending on how heavy my foot is). Everything has worked perfectly on this Dodge, and I expect to own it many years after the final payment.

SEDAN SE
By autobarry on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car in all aspects.

Beauty is only skin deep
By Eli Shelburne on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Intrepid is a beautiful Inferno Red SXT, best looking car in town. After 15,000 miles, trouble started, with a transmission leak at 800 miles. Next was replacement of the radio. Next was replacement of the fog lights. Then the "engine malfunction light" came on. Car has been out of service 15 days since then. They can't seem to find or fix the problem. Nov. 6,we are taking it in for the sixth time to have this problem "fixed". Purge valve regulator will be installed. To date they have installed four themostats and the water pump and yet the light keeps coming on. The last time they had it for eight (8) days.

Better then Ford ever thought of being!!
By CML on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put a little over 20,000 miles on my Interpid since I puchased it in July 2002. I have not had any mechanical problems at all. Last winter I lost control in a near blizzard and I bounced off a snow bank three times, and the only thing that got damaged, was the bumpers.

Roomy AND Sporty
By koz on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got w/17K. GREAT used price. Needed room to fit my 2 teens in the backseat. Researched and narrowed down to Intrepids and LeSabres. After driving and pricing both, the decision was easy: it sold itself: an '02 for the price of an '00/'01 LeSabre, and way less miles. Love the styling! Sleek/Sporty for a "family" sedan. The power moonroof and rear deck spoiler complete the "look" (I'm not much for spoilers - usually cheesey looking - this one's very complementary). Just took 2500 mile trip w/kids. TONS of trunk room, comfy, great power passing those semi's, decent mpg(29 w/o AC, 25 with)- 3.5L V6. Have never been so enamoured with a car.

Great Value when bought slightly used
By Kbeyer on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle used from Enterprise (nice sales experience btw), and got a 2002 Intrepid SE w/ 23k miles, for $12,000. The interior is the ROOMIEST of any family sedan. The base engine is powerful enough for most drivers, unless you are begging for reckless driving citations. The vehicle has presence on the road. The engine/tranny do seem busy when hard-pressed(floored), as the car downshifts, and revs up to 6000rpm. Gas mileage is excellent for its size, the only noise to be heard most of the time is low road noise from the tires.

research, test, buy
By rob hagan on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i reasearch every aspect of this vechile. and i cannot find a better buy anywhere u go. i bought this car with 26k on it for 11,800. and for the luxury of power everything, cd player, cruise and with a smooth and comfortable ride i couldnt go wrong. its the sporty looking family car i needed that i can take to work or out on the town and still look so good. i have had no problem with the car as of yet. and yes backing up is a little tricky.

Solid, Often Overlooked Car
By strangelove on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I began looking for a new (used) car, I didn't even think about Dodge or Chrysler vehicles. My focus was mainly on Accords, Camrys and other Japanese makes. But I promised myself I would leave no stone unturned, so at the very last minute I turned my attention to a silver Intrepid ES at a local Dodge dealership. I'm glad I did. It proved to be the absolute best mix of the things I was looking for: great styling, strong performance, tons of room, tight suspension, extremely affordable price (used w/ 25k miles) and low insurance costs. I'd recommend these cars to anyone with a clean conscience.

Good car....watch for quality control
By I like it on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with with the car overall. The handeling is great for a large car. I only wish that dodge would improve the quality control as upon receiving my car 5 repairs had to be made all very minor and related to quality control.

wonderful car
By sterlingo on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car as an interum verhicle. I really enjoy the car. I have rented them in the past. In fact I rented the car for a coast drive in CA and really enjoyed it. Im 6'2" and fit in this car perfectly. The ride is great, very nice seats, cold ac and great backseat for traveling. My only concern is the resale value. I think this car declines in value quickly, but is very cheap used to begin with, so as long as you expect this, I think its a great value and car.