2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Highly recommended - but hard to find
By Moparz3X on 06/07/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after my 2001 Chrysler Concorde was hit by an off-duty cop. The 3.5 L motor is the best. Great power, high MPG (25 MPG in Denver, 30 MPG on highway). Highly reliable and extremely comfortable. I wish Dodge/Chrysler hadn't quit making this car - it is much roomier than the Charger/300 replacement. I put 18K on the car each year and not problems whatsoever. If you find one that has been maintained (I'm a mechanic) you'll be pleased.

Awesome car
By Love my dodge on 04/17/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My dad got the car with 20K miles on it when it was 2 years old. and not a single scratch or dent. We never had any problems besides the O2 sensor went out. We took this car to Denver from Twinfalls, Idaho. and to Portland Oregon several times. Now that it has 110K miles on it I own it now and the power, looks, reliability, and Gas mileage is awesome. This car with the 3.8 gives most V8s a run for their money. Even after my mom wrecked it its still been an awesome car i have put 22,000 mi on it and had to replace the rear brakes thats all!

Bought Used 6 years ago
By radiumdial on 04/11/08 21:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 15,000 miles on it 6 years ago and still have not had any mechanical problems, regular maintenance and it's running fine.

Intrepid
By estelle on 09/17/07 10:10 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car at 36000 miles. Three months later, the water pump went out (it was so bad that all of the fluid would come out as soon as I out it in). The thermostat was replaced twice and needs it done again. The dome lights in the car blink on and off. Sometimes staying on for more than 15mins ( I was told it was the DCM). The car overheated and they don't know why. The oil light comes on and off. All in all I do like the car, I just wish there weren't so many problems.

Wish they still made them!
By goldintrepid2002 on 08/28/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven intrepids for years. The first was a 1995 se model. I love the safety and security of a larger car, and finally found one with the handling and performance to match. When the time came for a new car, I knew I wanted to try the second generation intrepid. I put over 200k on the 1995 model, so I had no doubts about buying another one. So I went with a 2002 Intrepid se. The performance and handling were drastically improved, which was suprising sice they were already fabulous. Not to mention the sleek new exterior, and finally, awesome headlights. Dodge made all the right improvements to this car. The only complaint I have is that they were discontinued after 2004.

150K and still going strong
By Robb on 01/20/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best I have ever had. Bought with only 16 miles and now have over 151K. I want to go over 300K with it. I would buy another Intrepid but I look at new cars now, since this body style is not available and can not find a car I would like to drive. Highway driving every day I feel very comfortable. Strong engine and great handling. Michigan driving in all weather not a problem.

Excellent Fullsize Sedan
By 3Moparz on 10/27/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used one year ago and have put 19,000 miles on it since then. Absolutely no problems whatsover. Great handling on dry, wet, and snowy roads. Very good fuel economy (24MPG average communting in town). 3.5L motor is a true workhorse, with lots of power if you need it, but quiet cruising at 85MPH on the interstate. More room inside than the new Charger. I expect this car to give me at least 100,000 more miles without a problem.

Dodge Intrepid
By Patsy Warlock on 06/27/06 07:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a used Dodge Intrepid because the 1994 Intrepid I owned was totaled while parked in front of my home. So far I am very satisfied with the 2002. It has a comfortable ride, gas mileage is acceptable and I am looking forward to a good ownership with the vehicle. I also purchase an additional warranty just in case.

Shaky Start
By Interpid SE on 02/27/06 08:37 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I thought I was getting a great deal on the car. After I brought the car home, the probs hit. Engine light comes on every other day, the oil light comes on after hard use of the car. Driver window will not work now. Thumping sound when breaking, and the CD player died the 3rd week. My friend keeps telling me that Dodges are great but after what I am seeing, I really don't know. The standard 6 in the engine bay has some pep. For being a larger car, it handles good, nothing like my old Ford Focus tho. Handles fair in the rain and it corners like a pig. Also watch out for dips in the road, car bottoms out some times.

Love It!
By L Watkins on 02/19/06 13:53 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car new and I am the primary driver. I love this car. It has a big car ride without looking like it belongs to my grandparents. My husband is very tall and has a hard time getting in and out of it though. I can not believe that Chrysler quit making this car. Nice family car that looks sporty too.