2002 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Miss my Intrepid
By cbn4equine on 06/10/12 13:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After I wrecked my first car, my dad settled on an 02 Dodge Intrepid R/T. It was perfect for a teenage girl who often drives with multiple people. Lots of space in the car/trunk, and a very comfortable ride. My Dad claimed he had trouble seeing out of it, but at 19 I had no trouble. I had this car for 2 1/2 months, and in a freak accident it caught on fire in mid April due to a gas leak. The fire department could not make it to the scene in time to stop the car from being totaled. The engine was completely melted and the car was finished. We had only liability on this so insurance did not cover the loss. Despite the way I lost it, this car will probably always be my favorite. I recommend it.

Dreading the Day
By keys8864 on 08/06/10 05:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am dreading the day when I will have to replace this car. There is simply nothing currently on the market that can replace this car's interior space. Also despite it's size, it drives like a much smaller car. I currently have in excess of 100,000 miles on this car after purchasing it new in 2002. Mechanically, the transmission had to be rebuilt at 80,000 miles, and have had no other problems. The interior is still excellent with no visible wear (two children). I also replaced the 17" chrome wheels with Vox aftermarket aluminum wheels due to corrosion causing rim leaks. This has been the best 4 door sedan I have ever owned including Volvos, Mercedes, and Toyotas I owned in the past.

Use to be a Ford Man
By Michael on 08/15/08 21:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Several months ago I purchased my first Dodge vehicle (2002 Intrepid R/T) Man...I must have been living under a rock! This car is awesome! I'm 6'5 and have a traveling job. This car has it all; style, performance, comfort, safety & reliability. If you can find one of these cars, I recommend that you buy it.

great family car
By hi 44567 on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

greaat car good for my family large husband fits great lots of trunk space too

Great Sporty Family Car!
By jamlei on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, looks sharp and very comfortable! Magnum engine very powerful!

Outstanding
By jwc553911 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding. owned 3 intrepids, this is the most exciting!

More than pleased
By Keys on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new in March of 2002. I am extremely happy with both it's performance and reliability (Zero Problems). Though not as refined as some of the foreign competition, the bang for the buck quotient is very high. Interior room is amazing, and I wouldn't be surprized if this car has the largest trunk capacity in it's segment. It just doesn't seem right that a car this big should handle like it does. Just think, a car with 244 ponies, great handling, tremendouse interior space, and distinctive exterior styling for under thirty grand MSRP. What more could you want.

Love it
By eeel on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks, ride, performance and handling. For the money, can't be beat

nice car
By Samanosuke on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

awsome

Intrepid
By Jon Spiropolous on 03/07/02 19:58 PM (PST)

very nice car