2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: The Best Car I've Ever Owned

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By miss_m on

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went to Dodge to get a new-used car as a Christmas present for myself and after not getting approved for a couple of cars that I was looking at, they had approved me for the 2001 Dodge Intrepid with only 75K miles and a 2-yr warranty. At first, I was not interested. Boy, am I glad that I took a second look at it the next day! After all, I was tired of driving my 1996 Pontiac Bonneville with no heat or air conditioning. With living in the desert, a/c and heat is a must! Besides, after putting about $1,300 worth of new parts and labor into the car, I was tired of dealing with my Bonneville. I'm so happy to be a new owner of my '01 Dodge Intrepid!

Favorite Features

The Dodge Intrepid has everything that I want, including the smooth and luxurious feel without the expense: a power-adjustable driver seat, electric power and windows, adjustable heating and air conditioning temperature feature, cream leather interior, big trunk space, four-speed automatic transmission, sport-tuned suspension and traction control, communicative steering, an "AutoStick" manual-shift feature, and a 4-disc in-dash CD changer. Overall, it has a pleasing balance of ride quality and handling ability. I am a happy customer and will probably go back to Dodge again when I am looking for my next new-used car!

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing that I see that needs improvement at this time.