2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: Love my Intrepid

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Love my Intrepid
By TP45 on

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

In the 15 months since my wife and I purchased our Intrepid we have been extremely happy with the decision to purchase this vehicle. A used car with 12,000 miles from Thrifty's rental fleet, the Dodge now has 36,000 miles on the odometer and our only expenses have been for fuel and oil changes. What the base 2.7L engine may lack in low end torque is easily forgotten as the RPM's climb. Fuel economy is excellant for a vehicle of this size.I have experienced fuel mileage in excess of 30MPG for highway driving with an average of 18-20MPG city and highway. It handles and looks great. I will not hesitate to purchase another Intrepid when replacing this car.

The transmission shifts in perfect harmony with the torque characteristics of the engine.The body is solid, much better build quality than previous Chrysler vehicles I have owned. The cruise control is great, downshifting to maintain set speed on steep grades, uphill and downhill.

Road noise could be reduced and the one touch feature would be nice for up and down operation of the drivers and passenger side window.