2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: Intrepid---241,000 miles--

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

Intrepid---241,000 miles--
By joyce27 on

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I have decided after driving my 2001 Intrepid for 241,00 miles, it warranted a review for consumers. I did not have any mechanical issues with the car until it reached the 170,000 mark. I have always maintained the normal with the required oil changes, etc. At the 100,000 mark...one of the cooling fans quit working..timing built, alternater replaced,...I loved my Intrepid;s solid performance and was not ready to purchase a different automobile, decided to make the necessary mechanical repairs. To my pleasant surprise my Intrepid is reached 241,000 miles!!!

This car is fun to drive! I drove this car during a blizzard--and heavy snow..was amazed of its performance! The car is quite roomy with a large trunk and comfort for back seat passengers. I drove this car with 170,000 miles on it feeling totally confident, my car would get me where I was going.

I am sure any mechanic could tell you that it is difficult working on the Dodge Intrepid, replacing a timing belt, alternator...very tight space. If you have an Intrepid with more than 200,000 miles..congrats!!( just when you thought toyota and honda were the only car) at 220,000 miles...My Dodge repairs became to frequent..so time for a new purchase..I Still plan on keeping it as a back up car!!! Anyone else have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with 241,000 miles on it?