2001 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I love my car

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Review

I love my car
By Intrepid fan on

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2002 and have been very happy with it. Kids were still little and with all the storage room, it was the perfect family vehicle. Also handy that you can fit a full size bicycle in the trunk! Now kids are both 6' with long legs and all that leg room in the back is a bonus. No complaints from backseaters even with the front seats reclined. I drive this car everywhere, city and long highway. I haven't had this much fun driving a car since I owned my '67 Camaro. Husband does all the mantainence and the engine is a dream to get to. I wish they were still making this particular styling, only with the better motor. We have the 2.7 and sadly, it is now going.

Favorite Features

Storage, trunk space, window area, styling, wheel base, handling (great in the snow!), dash placements and guages.

Suggested Improvements

Needed to get away from the 2.7 engine that they put into everything (beware the Stratus, 300, Sebring) and go with more reliability for the long run. My car now has 89000 miles on it and we appear to have the sludge/oil pump terminal illness that everyone is talking about. So sad.