A ONE TON PAPERWEIGHT!
By laura on
2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
loved my car until I reached the 79000 mile mark. My water pump failed allowing antifreeze to mix with oil which fried out all the bearings. Had to pay $600 just to cover the labor for the mechanic to get to the part. It will cost more to replace motor than the car is worth. I never imagined a car could fail so completely at this low of miles. Now that it's fixed my mechanic says I should dump the car because their transmissions have a 50% failure rate. Nice work Dodge! You can be sure I won't be purchasing your product again.
Favorite Features
trunk space & moon window.
Suggested Improvements
don't use inferior parts in manufacturing.
By alimay23
on 03/19/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

I don't know why you are having such problems with yours. I have one and it has over 200,000 miles on it and it still runs like its new. I know I've heard if you don't put in the proper parts it will make the car worthless. Bad mechanic? And I've heard from dealers and mechanics this is one of the best cars. So maybe try a different mechanic? Mine also sat for a year due to having no license and I only had to put in a new battery. They checked everything over and that was the only bad part. So I don't know why you're having such a bad time with yours.