2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
good car, great buy
By fredmanxyz123 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mine has the 2.7 V-6, I wish it had the 3.2, I miss the power, and driving a FWD for the first time takes getting used to, but this is a great buy, a great car, all things considered, when you look at features versus cost. The nearest thing to it is over $30,000.

My love Intrepid
By ctlee/Choon-Taek Lee on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car nine month ago when I came to USA. At a first look, I was fascinated by its beautiful style. On the test drive, this car showed me smooth and powerful ride. Still I keep this feeling. During the highway drive, it shows tis real value. Smooth, good performance in uphill satisfied me. No repair cost at all except regular maintenance fee.

2001 Intrepid R/T Motorsports
By rg on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The R/T is the top of the intrepid line & it performs like it. The Motorsports edition is very rare & was only made in 2001 to celebrate the return of Dodge to NASCAR. There were only 383 of these cars made. I love the looks of this car & its extremely roomy.

recommended!
By dem440c on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for my wife to drive, and after nearly two years, she will still gush about how much she loves this car. This is coming from a woman who is very particular, so that is no small feat. The Intrepid is roomy, comfortable, and reliable with good looks, power, handling, versatility, and economy. It is not a sports car, but it is very competent in the city and on the highway, offering the stability of a large car with the nimble and quick characteristics of something much smaller. After almost 30,000 miles, I have done nothing but change the oil and put gas in it.

01 Intrepid SE
By Hendersnb on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Good to look at, dog to drive. The 2.7L V-6 allows for no passing or merging. The dealer won't tell you that these cars are the easiest to steal. all you need is a flathead screwdriver. If you buy an intrepid, buy lowjack to go with it.

Sleek, stylish, big can be cool, too
By emurray on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After bringing it home, discovered auto tranny leak from hose fitting. Repaired under warranty at selling dealer - bad experience. Am now having fun driving to work, hauling the family around and on road trips. The factory stereo in the ES is pretty close to all you'll ever need. Not happy with the stingy amount of leather - trimmed seats. Trunk space is unparalleled for a full-size. Replace air filter and muffler/resonator and you'll have loads of HP!

2001 Intrepid se
By robert jones on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

45 000 miles, 90 % on the highway and never a mechanical problem. It's been a drean to drive and is a great highway cruiser.

R/T
By dkr on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My R/T has been an excellent car! No problems to this point. Routine service except the entire exhaust was replaced due to a buzz/whine/rattle in one of the mufflers/resonators. Loads of space for my family of 3, and still good power and sportiness.

MOVING GARBAGE PAIL
By jkm127 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been THE worst car I have ever owned. As a result I will NEVER buy another Chryler product. Chryler does not stand behind it's product and provide unacceptable customer service. Got buy a Honda or Toyota, you won't have to worry about bring stranded in the middle of a busy freeway during rush hour traffic.

great car
By stinger on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I've owned-prettiest too.