2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Good solid car
By ReyReyRep on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been dependable and looks nice. I have driven it in a sales territory. I drive a great deal. Good car.

Awesome Car!!!
By buellman2003 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to drive to college 215 miles away. I have put almost 5000 miles on the car in the last few months. It runs perfect. It gets great gas mileage for a car this big. I expected 24, but I get a minimum of 26 in all conditions. On the interstate with the cruise at 70 I get 30 mpg, 28-29 with the AC on. I bought this car well below blue book trade in value. It was a company leased car. It has a few scratches and dings, but nothing terrible. The price made up for the problems. It drives great and is really smooth.

Great car
By mgriffith on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought that car in January 2001 with only 24k miles and I am now approaching 85k miles. The only thing I have done to the car is a new set of tires, and regular oil changes along the way. THIS IS A GREAT CAR. I have added an oil air filter to the car which has increased the gas mileage by +15%. I am getting about 30 miles/gallon. The ride is nice, the road noise is fine (as far as I'm concerned) I will be looking to get another one when I replace this one.

Good Car
By rjack on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My R/T drives very well when I don't have any of these problem. The problem that I had is the entire exhaust was replaced due to a buzz noise in one of the muffler. My passenger side door has been squeaking from the start, the booster (power brake was replaced), my car is alway pulling to the right & all of my windows make noise when rolling the windows upward of down. If the dealer can fix these problems it would be a perfect car.

Intrepids are underrated
By Intrepid22102 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I can see why Consumer Reports made the car a Best Buy, but I don't understand why they don't get more respect from consumers. Roomy, comfortable, handsome, and accelerates and handles surprisingy well for a large car. Climate control is nice and it has a Great stereo, too! Not a Bimmer, but they cost 40 percent less. Very good "bang for the buck!"

GOOFY
By Lou Costello on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy, fun to drive and reliable.

Roomy, good looks and pep
By Skyflyin on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car about 9 months now and enjoy it very much. It is very roomy with a extremely large trunk, drives well and gets good gas milage (I have averaged 26 mpg). The car tends to overstear a bit and the road noise is quite loud on rougher roads, but the excellent handling and peppy engine make this a fun car to drive. I agree that the low front end makes it harder to judge distance while parking, but I have not had a problem getting in and out of the car (I'm 6'1") as some others have said. Overall this is a good car and the price is reasonable. I would not hesitate to get another one.

GM sounds really good.....
By stacy29 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Started out as a great car with 24k. I now have to replace the rack and pinion, sway bar links, and struts. I have excessive tire wear on the front passenger side. Quote from dealership for the rack is $1200. This is, by far, the worst car I have ever owned. I come from a Dodge family, Chrysler would have to do a serious overhaul of it's engineering dept. before I buy another.

2001 Intrepid ES
By Sarge21 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Major problem with a bad valve spring. Fixed now.

Intrepids Are Cool
By DLB on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased mine w/ 25000 miles last Sept. Great driver, base engine has plenty of power, especially at higher rpms (contrary to others that complain of weak power). Lot's interior room, trunk is great for families (huge!). And one of the sharpest full-size cars around. This design will look good for years to come. We are very happy with our Intrepid.