Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Dodge intepid es (3.2 Liter engine)
By LOVDODGE

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car it is a great car although I have spend a lot lot of money to maintain the car like tires, battery, starter, timing belt, oil pump etc. But I hope my car last me a long time I just love this car and also it seems that its different from other es Intrepids most say 2.7 liter mine is 3.2. Does any one else have one that is the same please let me no. If you can do that on this site.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, all leather interior, body,sound system and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat bolts, steering wheel, trunk strut.

Sorry to lose this vehicle but medical
By Gloria Benner

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very reliable auto and am sorry to have to sell but medical reasons insist and there is no one to drive it. It has been well kept and is very comfortable. Hope to find a good owner.

Favorite Features

Love all the bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a coat of paint otherwise is in excellent running condition.

Dependable and Stylish
By Bill

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this former rental car off a dealer's lot in 11/01 with 24,000 miles and now has over 135,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day primarily freeway driving and consistently get 23- 25 MPG. I'm 6"6" so I need a roomier car and this fits the bill and I get good mileage to boot. Good reliability as the car still is working off the original battery and I didnt replace first set of brakes until 80,000 miles. It has yet to start leaking any fluid and still has orginal transmission. I've replaced a water pump that expectedly went bad at about 120,000 miles but that's about it so far. I may trade in '08 for something new-but will need to go long way to beat value this car provides.

Favorite Features

Roominess, mileage, styling, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Midseat console is difficult to access. Design should be changed

What problems?
By AliciaMNC

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was weary about buying a Dodge due to rumors of tranny issues. But when I went looking I found mine, well within my price range and with only 36k miles on it. And I have to say - this car has been a God-send! It's now at just under 100k miles and in all this time, I have had one issue - at 80,500 miles, the transmission controller module went out. Cost nearly $1000 to fix (it was 500 miles outside the part warranty), but considering the many years without literally any issue, this was the best vehicular purchase I've ever made. I am a Dodge lover now!

Favorite Features

I love the roominess of this car - fits my family of 4 perfectly. huge trunk! Looks pretty sharp, gets me an average of 26-27 miles to the gallon (my commute is approx 30 miles one way). Cruises well.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't mind a little more get up when merging onto the freeway or going uphill, but once you've gotten up, the go just keeps going. A bit more road noise than I'd like.

Engine oil sludge problem
By Eagle

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The salesman pushed this car on me. Said I was getting a great deal. My Intrepid is beautiful, nice ride, and nice to drive; however, shortly after I purchased it, the water pump went. All has been downhill since then. Because access was so difficult to replace the water pump, I spent over $600 on labor. My mechanic said he has seen this problem many times with this particular car. He recommended that I get rid of it ASAP. I am so disappointed because I love everything else about the car.

Favorite Features

I love everything about the exterior and interior. Very roomy inside and in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a different engine with easier access for the repairs.