Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

i must have got the only good one
By jose

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i have a 2001 se with 2.7 v6 and 123,000 + miles on the original engine and tranny. had to replace battery once and brakes as needed water pump at 100k did it myself and timing chain & guides while I was in there anyway. damn good car runs like new. I wonder if all the complainers ever heard of regular oil changes? I'll buy another one when this one dies if ever!

interior room large trunk space good looks

folding rear seat to access trunk cup holders in back seat

A ONE TON PAPERWEIGHT!
By laura

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

loved my car until I reached the 79000 mile mark. My water pump failed allowing antifreeze to mix with oil which fried out all the bearings. Had to pay $600 just to cover the labor for the mechanic to get to the part. It will cost more to replace motor than the car is worth. I never imagined a car could fail so completely at this low of miles. Now that it's fixed my mechanic says I should dump the car because their transmissions have a 50% failure rate. Nice work Dodge! You can be sure I won't be purchasing your product again.

trunk space & moon window.

don't use inferior parts in manufacturing.

A ONE TON PAPERWEIGHT
By LAURA

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 2002. A pretty good car. The only work it needed was routine maintenance like oil changes, tires etc. I've taken great care with it. The other day it stalled out on me and I had it towed to repair shop. Turns out the water pump failed allowing antifreeze to mix with the motor oil which fried all the bearings. I only had 79000 miles on it. I'm blown away that such inferior garbage such as this 2.7L engine can do this and is actually what you can expect to happen. I have an extended warranty but it may not cover the expense of a new motor since the warranty won't exceed the value of the car itself. I'll never ever buy Dodge or Chryseler again!

size of trunk good.

2000 Intrepid RT
By Paolo

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2001. I bought it with 14000 miles on it and drive it hard. The car is now 10 years old with 120,000 miles on it and I have never had anything on the drive train cause me a problem. The one area that has been a pain is the upper front sway bar link which has been replaced by me twic in 10 years. I replaced the brakes once so far but have to replace the front rotors and pads again. I also need to replace the front struts which is not bad as they are the originals. This car is in Massachussetts with its winters, the car is terrible in snow, and the worst streets and highways in the country. I would buy this car again in a hearbeat.

Performance and handling

none as the car is no longer produced

My baby
By Jaime E. Carball II

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall fun car, I had it since college graduation. It has taken me everywhere no problem. It is a big car but it handles just fine. Add on a few aftermarket products to enhance mileage and performance and you'll be set for quite a while. It's reliable, dependable and just plain fun. General maintenance upkeep, regular wash and wax and it to this day still looks brand new. I have the dark blue one and I still love driving it to this day. 8 years and still going strong, best vehicle ever made, best vehicle I ever owned.

Trunk release, extra power outlet, huge trunk, very spacious for the entire family, looks very attractive with its sleek design, sporty, comfortable.

Upgrade engine to a "HEMI" for the new model.