2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6
By vince on 01/18/09 12:48 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bough my 01 SE when it was 14 months and 20500 miles old. Now 72000mi. Dealer change electric fan second year. Check engine light which dealer took 6 months to figure it was an leaking polution hose. Under extended coverage dealer changed a/c coil under the dash. I changed front rotors radiator drain plug tune up tires and pads.Had smog stuff serviced. Headlight buckets getting dull. Engine and front wheel drive noise after 50000 mi.

Love my Intrepid!
By Johnny on 01/16/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car less than 1 yr old with 20,000 miles on it. I've taken it to Vegas 3 times, LA nmerous times and my baby is as strong now as she was when I first bought her. Oil change every 4 months, full tune up every 10 months, 2 sets of tires and now she has 198,000 miles and still going strong. 2.7L engine could use a little boost, but love it just the same. Especially on cruise control going uphill. What a boost in rpm's! And road curves? What cornering! What road hugging. Makes me feel like I'm driving at Talladega Speedway!

Best Car I have Ever Had
By blndbrm727 on 10/22/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Intrepid ES new in January of 2001. It now has 143,000 miles on it and have had to put only $1,000 into it -about a month ago. I love my Intrepid and wish they still made them! Would buy another one in 1/2 a heartbeat! Mine still has a good 30K- 40K miles left in it. My original goal was to get 150K miles. My secret has been this: Firestone! I purchased the lifetime tire rotation and lifetime alignment along with their tire protection plan. About $500. Each time oil is changed - tires rotated and aligned. Firestone is great about letting you know what maintenance is due when!

Bad Motor
By Joe on 06/26/08 01:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well the car broke in the middle of the highway and It didn't turn on again so call a tow truck ($80) to take it to the mechanic just to check it ($60)/ He told me that the oil pump went bad and it basically burned the motor so he told me that he can get me an used one for $1500 or a new one for $3000 and he also told me that those cars are very bad cars to get rid of it and I will as soon as I get more money.

And It Keeps Going...
By G V on 05/17/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have had our Intrepid for 7 years now and we have enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a 3.2 L and we have not (thank the Lord) had an expensive maintenance record. It is the only car on the road that we have seen still on the road, besides the VW bug. The paint job isn't my favorite, but I love, love, love the trunk size and the room it provides me with four of us.

Dodge intepid es (3.2 Liter engine)
By LOVDODGE on 05/17/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car it is a great car although I have spend a lot lot of money to maintain the car like tires, battery, starter, timing belt, oil pump etc. But I hope my car last me a long time I just love this car and also it seems that its different from other es Intrepids most say 2.7 liter mine is 3.2. Does any one else have one that is the same please let me no. If you can do that on this site.

Sorry to lose this vehicle but medical
By Gloria Benner on 04/25/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very reliable auto and am sorry to have to sell but medical reasons insist and there is no one to drive it. It has been well kept and is very comfortable. Hope to find a good owner.

Dependable and Stylish
By Bill on 12/28/07 05:50 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this former rental car off a dealer's lot in 11/01 with 24,000 miles and now has over 135,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day primarily freeway driving and consistently get 23- 25 MPG. I'm 6"6" so I need a roomier car and this fits the bill and I get good mileage to boot. Good reliability as the car still is working off the original battery and I didnt replace first set of brakes until 80,000 miles. It has yet to start leaking any fluid and still has orginal transmission. I've replaced a water pump that expectedly went bad at about 120,000 miles but that's about it so far. I may trade in '08 for something new-but will need to go long way to beat value this car provides.

What problems?
By AliciaMNC on 11/30/07 11:07 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was weary about buying a Dodge due to rumors of tranny issues. But when I went looking I found mine, well within my price range and with only 36k miles on it. And I have to say - this car has been a God-send! It's now at just under 100k miles and in all this time, I have had one issue - at 80,500 miles, the transmission controller module went out. Cost nearly $1000 to fix (it was 500 miles outside the part warranty), but considering the many years without literally any issue, this was the best vehicular purchase I've ever made. I am a Dodge lover now!

Engine oil sludge problem
By Eagle on 11/19/07 17:47 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The salesman pushed this car on me. Said I was getting a great deal. My Intrepid is beautiful, nice ride, and nice to drive; however, shortly after I purchased it, the water pump went. All has been downhill since then. Because access was so difficult to replace the water pump, I spent over $600 on labor. My mechanic said he has seen this problem many times with this particular car. He recommended that I get rid of it ASAP. I am so disappointed because I love everything else about the car.