Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Love my Intrepid!
By azjoyce

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem I have had was the cooling fans being replaced at 60,000 miles. I had a 96 and loved it, bought my 2001 with 12,000 miles on it and have had no problems at all. I love the air conditioner - the best- especially in Arizona! I think the gas mileage is horrible! Window has always squeaked - map lights go on and off by themselves while driving. Of course it won't do it for the service dept.

Fabulous air conditioning. You can't lock your keys in the car. It's big and roomy. I feel safe driving it. Big trunk.

Hard to see backing up and changing lanes - the design I am guessing. Gas mileage stinks.

Love the Car
By janie givens

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this intrepid with 26,000 on it. It was a program car. It has never given me any trouble. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. Have one set of tires other than the originals that were new when I bought it. I have the original battery. The only mechanical repair was replacing the brake pads. It is the most comfortable car. I have taken many long trips and sit in the front and back. It rides like an expensive car. Would buy another intrepid.

None

Good Choice
By Craig Bannecke

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this ES Intrepid as a lease turn in with 30.K miles. It now has 70.0K miles and has been a good reliable vehicle. Gas mileage around town is average but on the road it gets 27 mph. Wife drives the car daily and we take it on most of our road trips. Very enjoyable vehicle

Good leather upholstry, climate control has worked well. Good all around vehicle

Rear visibility is very poor. But I can attribute that to the styling. Still hard to see backing up and looking before passsing.

Intrepid
By whit

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great feature such as cruise, power windows, power seats, and electric trunk lid. But, I don't feel like the engine is all that great. Had to install a new timing chain tensioner at a little over 80,000 miles and now at a little over 100,000 miles its doing the same thing. Pretty sure it needs another timing chain tensioner installed. This is definetly not normal. I've been using Sea Foam which seems to be taking care of the problem pretty well but when ever I change the oil I have to add more Sea Foam. Eventually this will not work any more.

Electric trunk lid

Make the timing chain last longer. There are rumors that the inside diameter of the oil pickup tube is too narrow. Go to a bigger tube.

So far lovin' it.
By yng_byr

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle with lots of highway miles, which made me worry about the engine but so far I have gotten great mpg... It handles very well... Great power for such a large vehicle with a 2.7L V6. Only goes 115 mph tho, and cruise doesn't work when driving faster than 86 mph. Haven't had any engine trouble. Big back seats and large trunk.

Handling, room, cab-forward design, miles per gallon, great value for the money.

5th gear, higher limiter/governor, little more low-end torque.