2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Best Car Ever!! 2014 and Still Going Strong 232000 miles
By uniquelylisa on 06/28/14 14:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2008 for only $1400 because it had 150,000 miles. In 6 years I have had to go only regular maintenance - oil, tires, plugs, breaks oh and 1 tire rod. It's so much fun to drive but the shop I take it to says I have to change the timing belt they are concerned it has soo many miles. Honestly, I know they are right and it should be done. Great Car in fact the best car I have ever bought and I've had only new cars up to the day I bought it...it was suppose to be an interim car til I decided what next. 6 years later I still Love IT

The only car I'll buy now!
By alimay23 on 03/19/11 08:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love it! I bought it three years ago and now it has over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs like it was brand new. I haven't had any problems with the engine. Everything is original. It sat for over a year due to having no license and the only thing that had to be replaced was the battery. I have heard that if you don't look for a specialist of this type of car you are dooming yourself. I live in the very bad wintering midwest. It runs awesome in the snow. I have driven on ice covered and completely snow covered rodes. Of all the many cars I've had this is my favorite!!!!!

2000 Intrepid RT
By Paolo on 11/17/09 11:02 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2001. I bought it with 14000 miles on it and drive it hard. The car is now 10 years old with 120,000 miles on it and I have never had anything on the drive train cause me a problem. The one area that has been a pain is the upper front sway bar link which has been replaced by me twic in 10 years. I replaced the brakes once so far but have to replace the front rotors and pads again. I also need to replace the front struts which is not bad as they are the originals. This car is in Massachussetts with its winters, the car is terrible in snow, and the worst streets and highways in the country. I would buy this car again in a hearbeat.

MAINTANANCE NIGHTMARE
By pstorm on 05/19/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The comfort and everything about this car is nice. The dependability is terrible. I payed $2500 for the car. i know a great eal , until i started having to repair it. in the past two years i have paid out almost $12000 in repair. if its not one thing its another. i have replaced the engine the torque converter, the brakes the shifter cable, cv joint( snapped when i was driving .... not fun ) struts. and the list goes on and on. I could have bought a new car for that. i know i kinda did it to myself but i can't get a loan to pay for a car.

Pleased
By Nathan Whitney on 01/06/06 14:09 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It has some pick up and is reliable. I heard so much negative about Dodge but I am very happy and will buy one again.

Buy it if you can...
By caz on 12/05/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I chose to buy a mid-range top of the line vehicle. You may ask, "why top of the line?" Quite simply, they are built better and with higher quality parts. My 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T is very comfortable, sound, and reliable. Of course, I keep the vehicle maintenence and I plan on driving the vehicle through 200,000 miles. Outstanding gas mileage - 26 MPG. Very roomy - plenty of leg room

not stock
By dkrhardy on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, very good performance. I've added oversize TB, exhaust, intake, and it will walk away from 300M specials. Now it has GREAT power and still good MPG. Time to move on to more luxury though.

Fun to Drive
By mjw399 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A great car that is fun to drive. The performance is fantastic. The leather seats make you feel as if you are a part of the car. I truly feel it is nearly an ideal auto. It has room for 5, a very large trunk and super acceleration and braking(4 wheel disk ABS). It looks great to! The traction control feature is nice to have in a Chicago winter.

Good Car
By rjack on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My R/T drives very well when I don't have any of these problem. The problem that I had is the entire exhaust was replaced due to a buzz noise in one of the muffler. My passenger side door has been squeaking from the start, the booster (power brake was replaced), my car is alway pulling to the right & all of my windows make noise when rolling the windows upward of down. If the dealer can fix these problems it would be a perfect car.

2001 Intrepid R/T Motorsports
By rg on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The R/T is the top of the intrepid line & it performs like it. The Motorsports edition is very rare & was only made in 2001 to celebrate the return of Dodge to NASCAR. There were only 383 of these cars made. I love the looks of this car & its extremely roomy.