Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

I love my car
By secret

Best Car Ever!! 2014 and Still Going Strong 232000 miles
By uniquelylisa

2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2008 for only $1400 because it had 150,000 miles. In 6 years I have had to go only regular maintenance - oil, tires, plugs, breaks oh and 1 tire rod.

It's so much fun to drive but the shop I take it to says I have to change the timing belt they are concerned it has soo many miles. Honestly, I know they are right and it should be done.
Great Car in fact the best car I have ever bought and I've had only new cars up to the day I bought it...it was suppose to be an interim car til I decided what next. 6 years later I still Love IT

Dependability, Low Maintenance Cost

None

Cheap, but very reliable
By rmasters2007

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Cheap (i.e. painted plastic bumpers), difficult to maintain (i.e. water pump driven by timing chain, $1,200 to replace). Poor quality (i.e. electric issues, plastic pieces breaking).

220,000 miles and still runs strong. Regular oil changes with good oil, never had any issues so far. It will die one day, probably because either being involved in an accident or an expensive repair.

Space, space space.

N/A since car is discontinued.

My first car
By mmg16

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first car I ever had, and I must say I loved it. I got it when it was just over 100,000 miles and I had it until 118,000. It would be still running today, but a drunk driver hit it and it was totaled. It was a great, reliable car. But it is important to keep up with oil changes and services. The interior is very comfortable and can easily fit five people-six uncomfortably. The trunk is huge, which was a great plus. This body style looks a lot nicer than the old one, all in all I think this is a great car.

Intrepid---241,000 miles--
By joyce27

2001 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I have decided after driving my 2001 Intrepid for 241,00 miles, it warranted a review for consumers.
I did not have any mechanical issues with the car until it reached the 170,000 mark.
I have always maintained the normal with the required oil changes, etc.
At the 100,000 mark...one of the cooling fans quit working..timing built, alternater replaced,...I loved my Intrepid;s solid performance and was not ready to purchase a different automobile, decided to make the necessary mechanical repairs.
To my pleasant surprise my Intrepid is reached 241,000 miles!!!

This car is fun to drive! I drove this car during a blizzard--and heavy snow..was amazed of its performance! The car is quite roomy with a large trunk and comfort for back seat passengers. I drove this car with 170,000 miles on it feeling totally confident, my car would get me where I was going.

I am sure any mechanic could tell you that it is difficult working on the Dodge Intrepid, replacing a timing belt, alternator...very tight space. If you have an Intrepid with more than 200,000 miles..congrats!!( just when you thought toyota and honda were the only car) at 220,000 miles...My Dodge repairs became to frequent..so time for a new purchase..I Still plan on keeping it as a back up car!!! Anyone else have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with 241,000 miles on it?