2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Beautiful..with a few quirks

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Beautiful..with a few quirks
By sensitive ears on

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my red Intrepid (new) based on looks, but even my husband commented on what a wonderful car it has been. (Whew) My biggest gripe is the unusual noise the a/c gives out when the car is in motion: at takeoff, and then almost every 17 seconds it whistles/rattles for about 2 to 3 seconds until you come to a stop. I have driven in two other similar Intrepids and both did this same thing; other cheaper Dodges I've owned never did this. I also had problems with the front overhead light spooking us out by coming on of its own volition while driving; this was taken care of under warranty. Paint seemed to chip almost immediately, exposing the metal.

Favorite Features

The streamlined look...keep it!//The roomy back seat//cup holders in back (as well as front)//

Suggested Improvements

a/c system works great but would like it revamped to eliminate unusual noise//design of seals around doors//better acceleration (and I bought the ES for the larger engine option)//