2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
So far, not bad....
By DandJ on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Have owned for 1 year. No major problems thus far, a few minor ones. Check engine light after one month, covered by warranty. Clunking noise in front end, link bar. Front rotors warped at 40,000 mi., replaced. That's it so far for repairs. Windshield fogs up more than any vehicle we've had. Ditto for static buildup, touching doors while exiting will light you up every time. Windows squeak horribly while going up. Transmission can shift a bit rough when cold. Engine has performed well, but I'm nervous about 2.7's shady history. Many failures, particularly in '98's and '99's. Very prone to sludging up, make certain oil changes are done on time, every time.

I love this car!
By Lotsa Miles on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the ES model with all the vailable options in May of 2000. I drive about 80 to 100 miles a day, so I wanted reliability and comfort, but I still wanted sporty styling and handling. The Interpid has been perfect for over 90,000 miles. I have had no mechanical problems, the interior materials have held up well and the car remains comfortable and fun to drive. It still looks like new and drives great!

2000 Intrepid ES
By jroberts on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Roomy enough for 1 family of 5 - Sporty enough to keep DaD happy, with excellent fuel economy for a large style car. Very reliable, and has been free of any mechanical problems. Only flaw has been the driver's seat which has a weak bolt that can break- and does- but this item has been placed on recall and been rectified. Great car!

RTOKw/ME
By AvidRTOwner on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

Fits my desire for a great looking sedan with oomph. My second Intrepid. Dissappointed about the noise level though. Car tracks extremely well and the 3.5L engine provides all the power I want. Low end torque could be better. Only problem I've had was the resonator (replaced under warranty). The car is fun to drive and exterior styling is great. Ditto on the door seal shrinkage reported by others.

Big Sports Car
By Popoon on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Best family car on the road. Huge interior and trunk, good pickup, 30 mpg on the highway. Even my kids fight for the opportunity to drive it. After 3 years I have done absolutely nothing but change the oil. Best car I have every owned.

good riddance
By full of regrets on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

We traded a 95 Intrepid w/87000 miles on it for a new 2000 model becuase my wife loved the car. Rotor had to be replaced at 16000. The warranty statement does not list exceptions because "everything is covered" (except brakes). Seals around doors have had to be replaced twice, check valve on radiator had to be replaced, oil pan came loose, has been in the shop for "check engine" 8 times, 6 sensors have been replaced, timing chain tensioner failed causing extensive engine damage, second tensioner also failed. The car is 1400 miles over warranty now and I owe 3000 mor than it's worth. As soon as I can afford to trade it in it's gone.

HOT sporty 4 door!
By livewire on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and only for its looks....hoping that later I wouldn't be sorry about Dodge quality. After 3 years of trouble free rides I can say I haven't been sorry. This car gives a lot for the money. Dealership has been great and only scheduled maintenence has been needed except for minor issue.

Afordable Large Sedan
By Intrepid fan on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Good handeling large sednan with lots of room for a family that is farily priced.

2000 R/T
By PopolZ on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I'm please with my intrepid even if I had a few problems. Had the steering rack, sway bar endlinks, the door badges (they were pealing) and the door seals replaced all under warranty. the trunk release button wasn't working but got it fixed too. I also had some problem with my wipers, the dealer changed the switch, the wiper controller (the whole BCM was changed),wiper motor and now it's all good!

Love my ES but not perfect
By Astro on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Overall a great car for the money. Bought an ES with all the options. Looks sharp, great interior, fun to drive. Very comfortable and (of course) roomy. Problems? While no major mechanical failues, the car did have annoying electrical issues for a time. Interior lights would dim/brighten on their own and climate control would occassionally default to "Manual" at start-up. Covered by warranty but two trips to the shop and two new computers before the problem was addressed. I don't trust the car's long-term reliabilty but would still buy it again because it was priced well and is so enjoyable to drive. Plan to keep it as long as I can.