2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Carol Ann on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Ok. I have a 94 Intrepid. We loved it so much we kept it and bought a 2000 Intrepid. What a sleek design. And roomy too. Great family car. Doesn't give you the "mommy" look. Very sporty feeling to it.

I love this car!
By Lotsa Miles on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the ES model with all the vailable options in May of 2000. I drive about 80 to 100 miles a day, so I wanted reliability and comfort, but I still wanted sporty styling and handling. The Interpid has been perfect for over 90,000 miles. I have had no mechanical problems, the interior materials have held up well and the car remains comfortable and fun to drive. It still looks like new and drives great!

2000 Intrepid ES
By jroberts on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Roomy enough for 1 family of 5 - Sporty enough to keep DaD happy, with excellent fuel economy for a large style car. Very reliable, and has been free of any mechanical problems. Only flaw has been the driver's seat which has a weak bolt that can break- and does- but this item has been placed on recall and been rectified. Great car!

RTOKw/ME
By AvidRTOwner on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan

Fits my desire for a great looking sedan with oomph. My second Intrepid. Dissappointed about the noise level though. Car tracks extremely well and the 3.5L engine provides all the power I want. Low end torque could be better. Only problem I've had was the resonator (replaced under warranty). The car is fun to drive and exterior styling is great. Ditto on the door seal shrinkage reported by others.

Big Sports Car
By Popoon on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Best family car on the road. Huge interior and trunk, good pickup, 30 mpg on the highway. Even my kids fight for the opportunity to drive it. After 3 years I have done absolutely nothing but change the oil. Best car I have every owned.

good riddance
By full of regrets on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

We traded a 95 Intrepid w/87000 miles on it for a new 2000 model becuase my wife loved the car. Rotor had to be replaced at 16000. The warranty statement does not list exceptions because "everything is covered" (except brakes). Seals around doors have had to be replaced twice, check valve on radiator had to be replaced, oil pan came loose, has been in the shop for "check engine" 8 times, 6 sensors have been replaced, timing chain tensioner failed causing extensive engine damage, second tensioner also failed. The car is 1400 miles over warranty now and I owe 3000 mor than it's worth. As soon as I can afford to trade it in it's gone.

HOT sporty 4 door!
By livewire on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and only for its looks....hoping that later I wouldn't be sorry about Dodge quality. After 3 years of trouble free rides I can say I haven't been sorry. This car gives a lot for the money. Dealership has been great and only scheduled maintenence has been needed except for minor issue.

Afordable Large Sedan
By Intrepid fan on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Good handeling large sednan with lots of room for a family that is farily priced.

2000 R/T
By PopolZ on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan

I'm please with my intrepid even if I had a few problems. Had the steering rack, sway bar endlinks, the door badges (they were pealing) and the door seals replaced all under warranty. the trunk release button wasn't working but got it fixed too. I also had some problem with my wipers, the dealer changed the switch, the wiper controller (the whole BCM was changed),wiper motor and now it's all good!

Cheap
By JSam on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Love the roominess. Unreliable for nickle and dime things. I have had the door seals replaced 3 times. Dealer believes it is a design defect. Undersized engine, but comfortable especially on long drives. For a small 6 cylinder, the gas mileage is not very good. Slight transmission hesitation when cold (which dealer denies he can find). Minor engine probelms during warranty.