Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Paula Zaloga-Nowak

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Had a new Pontiac (terrible car!) My next purchase I decided to try the Intrepid, which caught my eye, and had good reviews. Had it for seven years and I'm pleased! A great car for the money (paid $18,300). Drove it on a number of long road trips to a number of states in the west and in the south Last year put on 7,900 miles in just under four weeks! Roomy, comfy, totally reliable-esp. in the mountains-got 28- 31 mpg during the that trip! Great for a big car! Everyone that owns one loves it and have no problems. One minor problem with mine in 7 years! Dodge needs to bring back the the Intrepid. I'll buy another Dodge because of it! And I use to dislike Dodge! Not anymore!

Favorite Features

Styling, roomy (esp. trunk) Love the name. Handles great. Decent power for the basic engine.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back. Keep it roomy and sexy

My Car
By donna

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is my second Intrepid. It now has 72,000 miles and i have never had a problem. other than regular services, new tires, and windshield wipers I have not spent anything on repairs.it has been a great car.

Favorite Features

Styling, and leg room for my husband who is tall.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning to the back seat

My Favorite Car
By Kerry

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Owned many new and used cars in 35 years of driving. This car has been my favorite. Bought with 9,000 miles on it and now has 203,000. Roomy and reliable with good road manners. Needed a large car for entertaining customers and this fits the bill. Long legged passengers enjoy the roomy back seat. At 6'2", I never had to move my seat forward to accomodate rear seat passengers. No major work done, but she is showing her age. No rust in 6 yrs of Maine driving. Always serviced at recommended intervals. I have more than gotten my money's worth from this car. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Leg room, hip room and head room. Well laid out instrumentation. Huge back seat. Very large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish. Car is noisy at speed due to the sloppy, ill fitting door trim.

Best car ever
By Rose

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

It was such a mistake for Dodge to discontinue making this car. It was super comfortable, aerodynamic (for good gas mileage), and spacious. If they still manufactured this car, I would buy another in a heartbeat! Bring it back.

Favorite Features

Style, gas mileage, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back

91000 miles no problem
By naskefice

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

20+ mpg. Mobil 1 oil change about every 5000 miles. Replaced tires and brakes. Same antifreeze, still clean. Same battery. All weather striping still good. The exhaust system still good. The car is still tight including the sunroof. My wife loves this car. Have never kept a car this long. Still looks and drives like new. The key is to keep it clean and gararge kept. It does now use about 1/2 quart of oil by time to change oil. None needs to be added.

Favorite Features

Large trunk, sunroof. Comfort and power

Suggested Improvements

The high deck lid style looks good and is still being used on the 2006 Dodge Charger. But after 6 years, it's still hard to judge distance backing up.