Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Drive Over Durability. Good is Enough
By roadrunner

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This vehicle came off lease with a full warranty and has got me to and fro safely on many road trips on the east coast. However the warranty paid for several issues: bad lock, bad evaporator(a/c), transmission cooler lines, oil sensor, and output sensor. Nothing catastrophic yet at 92K, just annoying stuff. It was stolen and broken into twice because the locks are cheap; get an alarm in the city. The motor runs great with KN Filter and regular engine cleaner additive every 4K.

Favorite Features

Great for toting anything, comfortable, pretty and handles great on backroads. Gas mileage averages 24.5 city/highway with KN air filter.

Suggested Improvements

Extending warranty to 100K before Hyundai wipes them off the map is wise. Fix electrical issues and build better engines.

Great Car for the money
By Love It!

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Just bought the car used and am thrilled with it so far. This car had everything but the kitchen sink! Dodge really knows what the customer wants. Other vehicle brands from 2000 just don't cut it when compared to Dodge!

Favorite Features

3.2 liter engine, autostick. Large interior space, comfortable ride quality and wide array of premium features.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Intrepid!

140K
By Edtexas

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 75K. I had never bought a car with so much mileage on it, now it is at 140K and the time to get a new car is coming. I liked it so much that I feel tempted to get a newer model, but I don't want people to think that I suffer from lack of imagination. It has been such a great experience to have this car it was worth every penny.

2.7 engine is garbage
By jbrogz

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Bought car used. I use full synthetic oil and change religiously at 3000 miles. Oil sludge is still there (propbably prior to when I bought it). Will be changing engine to a 3.5 liter. If it wasn't for the problems with the 2.7 L. it would be a perfect car.

Favorite Features

Handling and good power for a 2.7

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of 2.7 problems

Engine Blow!
By Alice

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I was another victim of an engine blowout on the 2.7L engine. The car was also a pleasure to drive because of the amount of space, but the brakes were a bit of a hassle and required new break pads more often than similar cars in its class. The engine started giving me troubles a couple years ago and I kept putting small bandaids on the problems (mostly to do with the way the car handled oil). Then one day, I noticed a louder-than-normal knocking and then grinding and then.... I'm disappointed I didn't get more life out of this car, but it did get 146,000 miles, so it's not a total loss, but I wasn't prepared to buy again so soon.

Favorite Features

Interior space, trunk space, visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine, better door locks, better brakes. I'm very disappointed with Dodge at this point and cannot think of trusting their product again.