Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Last of a Great Breed
By LoneRanger

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Traded in a 1995 for the 2000 ES and what a great choice. Now have over 180,000 miles and have only had to replace the water pump at 110,000. Great roominess, comfort and style. Super MPG for a large car always above 22 and up to 28 on trips. Can't understand why it's being discontinued, the 3.2 engine runs great with enough power and durability. Door seals shrunk but that is common, 1 window motor gave out, but everything else has been iron clad. Dodge wake up! The Intrepid was your best car...so aerodynamic and stylish...I'm looking for another if I can get one I will grab it!

Overall Great Car
By Johnny

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Dodge Intrepid is one of the finest affordable cars Dodge has ever made. The 200 horses in the 2.7 litre V6 is fun to play around with. This car has great handling. I have accidentally burned out at red lights before. It has a surprisingly light body for its full sized design. I have had only one electrical issue with my Intrepid, but other than that I think it is worth it.

Power, handling, interior space,

I wish Dodge would bring it back

Life with my 2000 Intrepid
By Leahcim

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My intrepid has 125000 miles and has been for the most part a reliable car. It still rides great and is the most comfortable car i have owned. Problems that I have had include the following. Both of the electric window motors went up at about 32000 miles which were covered under warranty. The rack and pinion went up in the car at 58000 miles $1200 to fix. The rubber door seals have shrunk so that they do not fit around the doors. The interior plastic trim around the doors has cracked and fallen apart.

Great ride. 3.2 L engine has been very reliable as of 125000 no problems at all.

Interior plastic molding needs improvement as it cracked and fell apart when the car was about 3 year old.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Harvey

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I now have just over 240,000 miles on this car. It has the original engine and transmission. I just had a valve job done on the car about 4,000 miles ago for $750. No repairs to the transmission other than standard maintenance. The interior is slightly faded from the desert sun, but still in almost perfect shape; the dash isn't cracked and the upholstery is completely intact. I haven't even had to change the struts yet. Every day I drive this car the durability and reliability of it continue to amaze me. I believe this car will go over 300,000 miles or more. This is the best car I've ever owned. Dodge really, really, really needs to bring this car back!

Sporty aerodynamic body, large trunk, spacious interior with bench seats in front, solid suspension with very good handling.

Headlights opaqued pretty early due to the sun, have had to replace door locks, and door trim fits poorly.

I love this car
By HappyOwner

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I have been so happy with this car! I've had absolutely no problems with it, I love the looks of it, and it has zip and great handling. The car has close to 140K miles and so far (knock wood) I haven't had to do anything special except change the oil every 3000 miles and fix the brakes once. I think it was really stupid of Dodge to stop making this model, but given that they have I hope to keep my car forever!

Styling. Very roomy interior. Very roomy trunk. Very reliable and low maintenance. Zippy and responsive