2000 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: 257000 miles and still going

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

257000 miles and still going
By scott on

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car fully loaded in 2001, Has the 3.2 engine. It has the original plugs in the car and still gets 25+ mpg. My Mom and Dad bought one with the 2.7 it is a piece of junk. Both cars drive nice and handle well but it is obvious which engine was designed by Mercedes (Daimler) I believe that I will get 300,000 out of this car, A/C don't work now, needs some new shocks, and the door locks stick. But for only paying $13,000 and driving it for nine years, we have no complaints. Just bought my wife a new Jetta Diesel and hope to get 400k or more on it. As good as Dodge has been to us we can not buy from a bailout baby. So they will only get worse.

Multi disc CD player with tape cassette still works and rocks. Leather adjustable seats. Could fit my entire family of 6 in the car comfortably, huge trunk, full size spare, no doughnut. Looks great, drove great, slapstick was a blast. Accurate fuel computer Impressive performance for a 6 cyl.

Get rid of the safety locks as they cause problems at about 150,000 miles, never fixed them just put up with the annoyance. Honestly thought the car would be dead by now. I had an offer for $1500 so probably will sell it.